Jan. 18, 2007
1. What is the best part about being a student-athlete at Iowa? Thetoughest part?Being a part of Hawkeye tradition is the coolest thing on the planet. No matter what sport you are in, Hawkeye athletics are awesome. I’d definitely say that traveling during midterms is pretty tough, and getting up at 5:10 three days a week for qualifying isn’t the most fun either-but the reward of qualifying for a tourney, traveling with the team, and having a great team to hang out with DEFINITELY outweighs everything.
2. While on the road, how do you like to spend your spare time?Tyrette and I are the youngins so we have to sit in the very back row together. We find it difficult to study in the van so we watch movie after movie. The whole van will be silent with people studying or sleeping and you’ll hear Ty and I burst into laughter as we watch funny scenes in the movies.
3. When you were little, what did you pretend to be?A mom! I always played house with my friends. I was the mom and I took care of the baby. I still love babies to this day:)
4. What is something that few people know about you?I have a slight obsession with the television show Friends. I have every season and I can (sadly) recite almost every episode. Joey, Chandler, Ross, Monica, Rachel and Phoebe are basically my friends.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever been given?“It is always the simple things that change our lives. And these things never happen when you are looking for them to happen. Life will reveal answers at the pace life wishes to do so. You feel like running, but life is a stroll. This is how God does things.”
6. Describe the perfect day. What would you do?Wake up late, eat breakfast in bed, go for a massage, take the afternoon to shop, go to a romantic dinner at a fancy restaurant with the man of my dreams, come home and enjoy movies in my pajamas with my closest friends.
7. If you could meet anyone (past or present) whom would you want to meet?My future self,-I’d want to see if I accomplished my dreams, married the right man, raised my kids correctly, and gotten the most out of life. The answers are clear in hindsight so I could fix my mistakes before they happen.
8. If you could bring one thing from your hometown, what would it be?Chipotle-it’s sooooooo much better than Pancheros!
9. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?I would want to be a better runner…I try, but I need a bit of work.
10. Where is the best place to find you on campus?Java House, Starbucks, or Coldstone-my roommates and I LOVE coffee and our team has a small addiction to Coldstone:)