Aug. 28, 2009
- 2009 Fall Preseason Camp Central
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch (2009-10 season)
- 2009 Football Media Fact Book
- 2009 Football Media Guide
- New and renewal season ticket customers: Purchase yours online!
- Iowa and the Big Ten Network
- Iowa Football wallpaper
IOWA CITY, IA – University of Iowa senior running back Jayme Murphy underwent surgery yesterday to address a back injury and will miss the 2009 season. The announcement came today from Hawkeye Head Football Coach Kirk Ferentz.
“We all feel very badly that Jayme will miss this fall. He has been one of our best special teams players of the past decade. He is highly respected by everyone here for his demonstrated toughness and enthusiasm on the field as well as his leadership and commitment to the team. He is an outstanding student and exemplary member of the University student body.”
Murphy, a 5-11, 210-pounder from Dubuque (Senior HS), has been a driving force on Iowa’s special teams the last two years.