March 28, 2010
- Iowa and the Big Ten Network
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch (2009-10 season)
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
ANN ARBOR, MI – – The University of Iowa men’s tennis team lost at No. 28 Michigan Sunday, 6-1, at the Varsity Tennis Center in Ann Arbor, MI. The 66th-ranked Hawkeyes fall to 9-4 overall and 1-1 in conference play with the loss.
The Hawkeyes, 6-4 away from Iowa City, were swept in doubles play. Jason Jung and Evan King, ranked 52nd nationally, defeated Will Vasos and Tommy McGeorge at the No. 1 position, 8-2. At the No. 2 spot, Marc Bruche and Tom Mroziewicz lost to George Navas and Mike Sroczynski, 8-4. Navas and Sroczynski are ranked 46th. Chris Cha and Chris Madden downed Nikita Zotov and Garret Dunn at the No. 3 position, 8-3.
Iowa claimed one singles match against the Wolverines as Austen Kauss won his fifth straight. The junior downed Cha at the No. 6 position, 4-6, 6-2, 1-0 (10-8).
The Black and Gold return to Iowa City next weekend to continue Big Ten action. Iowa will host No. 3 Ohio State Friday in its conference home opener. The match is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m. at the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Complex. Admission is free.
#66 Iowa – 1
#28 Michigan – 6
1. No. 103 Evan King (UM) def. Marc Bruche (IOWA), 6-4, 6-2
2. No. 42 Jason Jung (UM) def. Nikita Zotov (IOWA), 6-4, 6-4
3. Mike Sroczynski (UM) def. Reinoud Haal (IOWA), 7-6 (2), 3-6, 1-0 (12-10)
4. George Navas (UM) def. Will Vasos (IOWA), 6-1, 6-4
5. Chris Madden (UM) def. Tommy McGeorge (IOWA), 6-1, 6-2
6. Austen Kauss (IOWA) def. Chris Cha (UM), 4-6, 6-2, 1-0 (10-8)
1. No. 52 Jason Jung/Evan King (UM) def. Will Vasos/Tommy McGeorge (IOWA), 8-2
2. No. 46 George Navas/Mike Sroczynski (UM) def. Marc Bruche/Tom Mroziewicz (IOWA), 8-4
3. Chris Cha/Chris Madden (UM) def. Nikita Zotov/Garret Dunn (IOWA), 8-3