Nov. 16, 2011
- Purchase Iowa Basketball Tickets
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Take the Hawkeyes With You: Iowa Podcasts
- Iowa and the Big Ten Network
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa – On Monday night, it was Andrew Brommer’s turn. Tonight it’s Megan Considine’s opportunity to shine…or wiggle, depending on your perspective.
Wiggle? Yes. Wiggle as in the wiggle of a bobblehead.
That’s right! Bobbleheads are back.
Arguably the most popular of all items ever given away at a home event of the Iowa Hawkeyes, bobbleheads of the seniors on the 2011-12 UI men’s and women’s basketball teams will once again this season be given away to those first through the doors of the revitalized Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
Brommer, the Hawkeyes’ senior center from Rosemount, Minn., was the player of choice on Monday when Fran McCaffery’s Hawkeyes pushed their record to 2-0 with a 95-79 victory over North Carolina A&T.
Tonight, the first 1,000 fans through the doors of Carver will have the opportunity to celebrate the career of Considine, a senior from Byron, Ill., who won’t see action because of a season-ending tear of her Achillies tendon.
Here’s the full schedule for 2011-12 bobblehead give-away games:
- Monday, Nov. 14, vs. North Carolina A&T – Senior Andrew Brommer
- Wednesday, Nov. 16, vs. Albany – Senior Megan Considine
- Tuesday, Dec. 20, vs. Drake – Senior Kalli Hansen
- Thursday, Jan. 19, vs. Wisconsin – Senior Kamille Wahlin
- Tuesday, Nov. 29, vs. Clemson (Big Ten-ACC Challenge) – Senior Bryce Cartwright
- Monday, Dec. 19, vs. Central Arkansas – Senior Devon Archie
- Thursday, Feb. 23, vs. Wisconsin – Senior Matt Gatens
For more information about the bobblehead nights or other promotions scheduled during the 2011-12 UI men’s and women’s basketball seasons, contact the External Relations office of the UI Athletics Department at (319) 335-9431 or the UI Athletics Ticket Office a 1-800 IA-HAWKS.
To purchase tickets to any of the bobblehead giveaway games or any home game of Iowa’s men’s or women’s basketball teams, click HERE.