Dec. 26, 2012
- Read the January issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- 2012 Hawkeye Football Game Day Central
- Hawkeyes in the NFL
- 2012 UI Fall Football Camp Central
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone/iPad app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa — Former University of Iowa standout Marshal Yanda has been named to the 2013 NFL Pro Bowl. The Baltimore Ravens guard has been named a starter for the AFC squad. It marks Yanda’s second-straight selection as a starter in the league’s all-star game.
Yanda is in his sixth year with the Ravens. Baltimore drafted the Anamosa, Iowa, native in the third round of the 2007 NFL Draft. He has made 72 career starts. Yanda has not allowed a sack this season in 14 starts. He was named to the Sports Illustrated All-Pro Team in 2011 and 2010.
Yanda, a Hawkeye team captain, was named second team All-Big Ten by league coaches in 2006 as a senior. He started 25 games during his career at Iowa.
The Pro Bowl will be played in Aloha Stadium in Honolulu on Jan. 17, 2013. The game will be shown live on NBC at 6 p.m. (CT).