Jan. 28, 2013
- Read the January issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- 2013 NCAA 1st and 2nd Round Information
- Order Iowa Women’s Basketball Tickets Online
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone/ipad app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
- 2013 Big Ten Tournament Information
IOWA CITY, Iowa — The University of Iowa women’s basketball team entered the national rankings this week, cracking the Associated Press Top 25 poll. The Hawkeyes are ranked No. 24 in the latest poll.
Iowa used a 71-60 win at home over Wisconsin and an impressive 63-57 victory at No. 23 Michigan last week to enter the national rankings. The Hawkeyes are a perfect 6-0 against ranked opponents and are the only team in the country to play at least three ranked teams and hold an unbeaten record against ranked foes.
Iowa is one of five teams in the nation to have at least six wins over ranked opponents. The others are Baylor (8), Stanford (7), Connecticut (7) and Tennessee (6).
The Hawkeyes are ranked in the Associated Press poll for the first time since Feb. 28, 2011. Iowa spent a total of 14 weeks ranked in the Associated Press Top 25 during the 2010-11 season, climbing as high as No. 14.
Iowa returns to action Thursday at Illinois. Tip-off at Assembly Hall in Champaign is scheduled for 7 p.m.