Aug 13, 2013
- Freeman Takes Silver at AT&T Nationals
- Read the June issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- 2012-13 Iowa Swimming & Diving Media Guide
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa — Former University of Iowa diver Deidre Freeman claimed a silver medal in the 1-meter springboard at the AT&T National Diving Championships on Tuesday at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Pool.
Freeman led by .15 points heading into the final round and scored 50.70 points on her last dive, a reverse 1 1/2 with 1 1/2 twists with Maren Taylor still to dive. Taylor closed out the contest with 59.80 points on a front 1/2 with two twists to give her the gold medal.
Freeman finished the competition with 287.15 points, while Taylor won the event with 296.10 points.
Freeman will compete in the 3-meter springboard and the synchronized 3-meter on Thursday and Friday, respectively.