Nov. 21, 2013
- Read the November issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- 2013 Iowa Soccer Media Guide
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa — The University of Iowa women’s soccer team earned the NSCAA Team Academic Award for the 2012-13 academic year, the National Soccer Coaches Association of America announced Thursday. It is the seventh-straight season and 11th overall the Hawkeyes have earned the distinction.
Iowa was one of 593 women’s teams to post a team grade point average of 3.0 or higher to earn the accolade. The Hawkeyes finished with a 3.27 team grade point average.
On the field, Iowa had a record-breaking 2013 season, finishing with a school-record 15 victories, tallying the first two postseason wins in program history to advance to the Big Ten Tournament championship game, and making its first NCAA Tournament appearance. The Hawkeyes have won 40 games over the past three seasons under UI head coach Ron Rainey.