Dec. 16, 2013
- Read the December issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- 2013-14 Iowa Swimming & Diving Media Guide
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa — Former University of Iowa diving standout Deidre Freeman will be in Austin, Texas, on Dec. 17-22 for the USA Diving Winter National Championships. The Championships will be held on the campus of the University of Texas, inside the Lee and Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center.
Freeman will be competing in the 1-meter springboard, the 3-meter springboard, as well as the synchronized 3-meter competition. The 1-meter will take place on Tuesday, Dec. 17, the 3-meter on Thursday, Dec. 19, with the prelims of the synchronized 3-meter beginning on Friday, Dec. 20 and concluding with the finals on Saturday, Dec. 21.
Since graduating from Iowa in 2011, Freeman has been competing on the national level. At the 2013 AT&T Diving National Championships held in Iowa City, Freeman claimed both the 3-meter (303.40) and synchronized 3-meter (286.35) titles, while finishing second on the 1-meter springboard (287.15).
Freeman also competed at the 2013 FINA World Championships in Barcelona, while winning the 3-meter and finishing runner-up in the 1-meter springboard competitions at the USA Diving World Championship Trials.