Dec. 18, 2013
- Read the December issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- 2013-14 Iowa Swimming & Diving Media Guide
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
AUSTIN, Texas — Former University of Iowa diver Deidre Freeman finished fourth on the 1-meter springboard at the USA Diving Winter National Championships on Tuesday at the Lee and Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center.
Freeman was in second place following the preliminary rounds, finishing with a 265.50 total. She totaled 260.15 points in the finals to accumulate 525.65 points for her fourth place finish.
Freeman had a high score of 61.20 on her second dive of the finals on a reverse 1 1/2 somersault pike. It was her high dive of the competition. She finished with 54 or more points on three of her five finals dives.
The Grinnell, Iowa, native will return to action Thursday, competing in the prelims of the 3-meter springboard. She will also dive in the prelims of the 3-meter synchronized springboard competition Friday with Maren Taylor.