Dec. 20, 2013
- Read the December issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- 2013-14 Iowa Swimming & Diving Media Guide
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
AUSTIN, Texas — Former University of Iowa diver Deidre Freeman advanced to Saturday’s final in the women’s 3-meter synchronized diving event after posting the top preliminary score Friday morning at the USA Diving Winter National Championships.
Freeman and diving partner Maren Taylor finished with 309.90 points at the University of Texas’ Lee and Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center. Purdue’s Casey Matthews and Michelle Cabassol are in second place heading into tomorrow’s final with 289.62 points.
The duo will compete in the 3-meter sychro finals Saturday beginning at 10:30 a.m. (CT).
On Thursday, Freeman finished 26th in the 3-meter springboard competition, finishing with 226.50 points. The Grinnell, Iowa, native opened the Winter Nationals with a fourth-place showing in the 1-meter Tuesday with 525.65 points.
A win Saturday will qualify Freeman for a pair of Gran Prix events this spring.