Feb. 28, 2014
- Read the latest issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- 2014 Media Guide
- Order Iowa Women’s Basketball Tickets Online
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone/ipad app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
PARK RIDGE, Ill. — The Big Ten Conference announced the single-plays and home-and-away opponents for the 2015 conference season on Friday. Next year, Maryland and Rutgers join the league and the 14 Big Ten teams will compete in an 18-game conference schedule, playing five teams both home and away and eight teams once. Each team will play four of its single-play opponents at home and four on the road.
The current conference slate features 16 league games. Big Ten women’s basketball teams previously competed in 18-game conference schedules from the 1982-83 through the 1993-94 seasons, and again from the 2007-08 through the 2009-10 campaigns.
The list of Iowa’s Big Ten single-plays and home-and-away opponents can be found below. Dates, times and television information will be announced at a later date.
Home: Indiana, Michigan, Penn State, Purdue
Away: Illinois, Maryland, Michigan State, Rutgers
Home/Away: Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Wisconsin
The Hawkeyes (22-7, 10-5) conclude the regular season on Sunday at Illinois. Tip-off is scheduled for 3 p.m. (CT). The contest will be broadcast live on BTN.