March 10, 2014
- Read the March issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- 2013 Iowa Soccer Media Guide
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
ST. LOUIS — The University of Iowa soccer team posted its second victory of the spring, shutting out Arkansas, 2-0, Saturday in St. Louis.
The Hawkeyes led 1-0 at the half behind a goal from freshman Bri Toelle. Junior Cloe Lacasse was credited with the assist on the strike. Iowa doubled its lead in the second half when Lacasse scored with four minutes left. Freshman Corey Burns assisted on the goal.
“This was a good first game outside,” said UI head coach Ron Rainey. “We capitalized on our chances, and we want to continue working on our possession. Overall, it was a nice result against a solid team.”
The Hawkeyes will return to action March 30, facing Marquette and Wisconsin Milwaukee in Milwaukee, Wis.
2014 Iowa Soccer Spring Schedule
March 1 – Western Illinois – W, 4-1
March 8 – vs. Arkansas – St. Louis, Mo. – W, 2-0
March 30 – vs. Marquette – Milwuakee, Wis. – 11 a.m.
March 30 – at Wisconsin Milwaukee – Milwaukee, Wis. – 2:30 p.m.
April 5 – at Kansas – Lawrence, Kan. – 1 p.m.
April 26 – Northern Illinois – Iowa City, Iowa – 3 p.m.