May 4, 2014
- Read the April issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone/iPad app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye android app
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
GATINEAU, Quebec — Former University of Iowa diving standout Deidre Freeman earned a bronze medal in the women’s synchronized 3-meter event at the FINA Grand Prix Canada Cup on Sunday afternoon. She dove alongside Maren Taylor.
The duo finished third in their first international competition as a synchronized team, finishing with 286.80 points. Canada’s Pamela Ware and Jennifer Abel took the gold (322.71), while China’s Wu Chunting and Zheng Qulin finished second (305.70). The performance comes on the heels of the 2013 USA Diving Winter National Championships where Freeman and Taylor won gold.