Nov. 24, 2014
- Read the November issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa — The University of Iowa women’s soccer team earned the NSCAA Team Academic Award for the 2013-14 academic year, the National Soccer Coaches Association of America announced Monday. It is the eighth-straight season and 12th overall the program has earned the distinction.
The Hawkeyes were one of 582 women’s teams to post a team grade point average of 3.0 or higher to earn the accolade. Iowa finished with a 3.08 team grade point average.
Iowa finished the 2014 season with a 14-7-1 record overall under first-year head coach Dave DiIanni. The Hawkeyes tied a school record with seven Big Ten victories and advanced to Big Ten Tournament championship game for a second-straight season.