July 31, 2015
- Read the June issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPad and iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
EDMONTON, Canada — University of Iowa freshman Reno Tuufuli placed eighth in the discus Friday at the 2015 Pan Am Junior Championships.
Tuufuli never got going in his second international competition for Team USA and topped out at 47.95 meters on his fourth attempt. The United States’ Payton Otterdahl won the gold medal with a mark of 57.96 meters
“It wasn’t a good day and not the performance Reno expected,” said UI assistant coach Andrew Dubs, “but this is definitely an experience he can learn from and come back stronger next year.”
Tuufuli, a native of Las Vegas, redshirted his freshman season. He will open the 2016 season as one of the Big Ten’s top performers in both the discus and shot put.