- 2015 UI Football Fall Camp Central
- Read the June issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone/iPad app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye android app
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa – University of Iowa Children’s Hospital has an all-star lineup in this year’s Kid Captain team, ready to kick off the season with the University of Iowa football team.
Thirteen current and former UI Children’s Hospital patients will take their turn representing the hospital as Kid Captains during the Iowa Hawkeyes’ 2015 football season.
“I’m sure I’m speaking for everyone in wishing this year’s Kid Captains all the best, and offering a hearty `Congratulations’ to each of the patients and their families. We thank them all for allowing us to share their remarkable stories.”
Raphael Hirsch, MD, physician-in-chief,
UI Children’s Hospital
The Kid Captain program began in 2009 as a partnership between UI Children’s Hospital and the Iowa Hawkeyes to honor pediatric patients and celebrate their inspirational stories. This year’s Kid Captains were selected from 370 nominations from eight states.
“This is a group of strong, determined young people who truly represent the mission of our hospital. Our patients and their families are the faces of inspiration and courage as they take on some very tough battles,” said Raphael Hirsch, MD, physician-in-chief of UI Children’s Hospital.
“I’m sure I’m speaking for everyone in wishing this year’s Kid Captains all the best, and offering a hearty ‘Congratulations’ to each of the patients and their families. We thank them all for allowing us to share their remarkable stories,” Hirsch added.
The 2015 Kid Captains are:
- Beau Atkinson, 12, Central City, IA
- Colton Barker, 8, Sioux City, IA
- Seth Barton, 18, Sherrard, IL
- Makayla Bell, 8, Pella, IA
- Logan Brown, 6, Mason City, IA
- Kaelea Butterfield, 11, Marion, IA
- Drake Fricke, 8, Marshalltown, IA
- Abigail Frye, 18, Muscatine, IA
- Reagan Kopsieker, 15, Hedrick, IA
- Lincoln Ortman, 5, North Liberty, IA
- Sean Peck, 5, Tipton, IA
- Nicholas Showman, 12, Pella, IA
- Laila Walton, 7, Cedar Rapids, IA
All Kid Captains and their families will be invited to Kids Day at historic Kinnick Stadium in August for a special behind-the-scenes tour and celebration of their selection. Each child’s story will be highlighted during the football season.
For more information on each Kid Captain, click HERE.