March 7, 2016
- Read the February issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- 2015-16 Iowa Swimming & Diving Media Guide
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone/iPad app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye android app
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
COLLEGE STATION, Texas — Junior Brandis Heffner highlighted the University of Iowa diving team’s opening day of competition at the 2016 NCAA Zone D Diving Championships on Monday at the Student Recreation Natatorium.
Heffner advanced to the finals with a 13th place finish off the 3-meter in the prelims with a score of 342.75 before posting a score of 323.65 in the finals to place 14th overall.
Senior Addison Boschult, senior Andrew Hull, sophomore Evan Hull, and freshman William Brenner also dove from the 3-meter during Monday morning’s prelims session. Boschult (309.90) finished 19th overall, while Andrew Hull finished with a score of 300.15.
On the women’s side, four Hawkeyes competed among a talented field of 46 divers off the 1-meter springboard. Junior Calli Head paced the Hawkeyes finishing with a score of 234.60, a 35th place finish.
The Hawkeyes return to action tomorrow at 11 a.m. (CT) with the men competing off the 3-meter and the women diving off the 1-meter.