IOWA CITY, Iowa – – University of Iowa Director of Athletics Gary Barta announced several title changes as part of a broader departmental reorganization.
“We have an outstanding staff across our department.” stated Barta, “There is a tremendous sense of pride, passion and integrity in the way they conduct business, keeping our mantra of ‘Win. Graduate. Do it Right.’ at the forefront of our daily operations.”
The title changes include the following staff members;
- Dale Arens, assistant athletics director for trademark and licensing
- Greg Davies, assistant athletics director for business and finance
- Pam Finke, assistant athletics director for ticket operations
- Mark Hankins, assistant athletics director for sports administration
- Terry Noonan, assistant athletics director for sports medicine and sports performance
- Steve Roe, assistant athletics director for communications
- Damian Simcox, assistant athletics director for facilities
“These moves are the final piece of our overall reorganization and will enable us to better position our staff, coaches and key stakeholders as we continue to provide the very best conditions for success for our student-athletes,” Barta added.
Recently announced hiring’s of the following individuals were also part of the department’s reorganization plan.
- Barbara Burke, senior associate athletics director for sport administration and event management and senior women’s administrator
- Charlie Taylor, associate athletics director for marketing and strategic communications
- Kelsey Laverdiere, assistant athletics director for marketing and fan engagement
The UI’s Athletics Department reorganization began in 2013. Previous retirements of senior staff members Mark Abbott and Fred Mims, along with the pending retirements of Paula Jantz, Mark Jennings and Mick Walker in early 2017, prompted the process.
This reorganization process included the hiring of Gene Taylor, deputy director of athletics (2014); Lyla Clerry, associate athletics director for compliance (2013); Matt Henderson, senior associate athletics director for revenue and external relations (2016); and, Liz Tovar, associate athletics director for student-athlete academic services (2013).