- The University of Iowa men’s tennis team travels across the boarder this weekend to take on No. 27 Illinois and No. 21 Northwestern.
- The Hawkeyes will match up first against the Fighting Illini at Noon (CT).
- On Sunday, Iowa faces the Wildcats at Noon (CT).
HAWKEYES TO WATCH
- Redshirt freshman Kareem Allaf is 12-5 this season.
- He saw action in the top spot against Ohio States, top-ranked Mikeal Torpegaard.
- Allaf has two wins playing at No. 1.
- Sophomore Jonas Larsen is 13-6 on the season. He has seen action at two, three, four, and five.
- Junior Jake Jacoby has picked up 12 wins this season.
- He is four wins away from taking the 15th spot on Iowa’s all-time career win list.
- The Illini have three wins over nationally ranked teams.
- Two of their nationally ranked wins come over Big Ten opponents: then-No. 16 Northwestern and then-No. 30 Wisconsin.
- Illinois has two athletes ranked in the top 30: No. 6 Aleks Vukic and No. 29 Aron Hiltzik.
- The Illini hold a 5-2 record this season on their home court.
- Northwestern has two nationally ranked singles athletes: No. 43 Strong Kirchheimer and No. 50 Konrad Zieba.
- Northwestern has won 14-of-16 matches against Iowa, dating back to 2003.
- The Wildcats also have two nationally ranked doubles teams: No. 42 Sam Shropshire / Konrad Zieba and No. 44 Strong Kirchheimer / Dominik Stary.
- Sunday’s match will have live scoring.
LAST TIME OUT
Iowa split its matches on March 31 against DePaul and No. 2 Ohio State inside the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Complex. Iowa began the day with a 7-0 win over the Blue Demons before falling to the nationally-ranked Buckeyes by the same score in the nightcap.
On Sunday April 2, the Hawkeyes were edged, 4-3, by Penn State (11-7, 2-1), outside at the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Complex.
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
Fans can follow the Hawkeyes all season long and receive live match updates on Facebook (facebook.com/IowaMensTennis) or on Twitter (@IowaMensTennis). Fans can also get a behind the scene look on Instagram (iowamenstennis).