The University of Iowa men’s tennis team heads to Athens, Georgia to take on the hosting Georgia Bulldogs, and either the Arkansas Razorbacks or the Memphis Tigers at the ITA Kickoff Event.
Iowa will first compete against Georgia on Sunday at noon (CT), followed by Arkansas or Memphis on Monday. Action will take place at the Dan Magill Courts on the campus of the University of Georgia.
This marks the second consecutive season that the Hawkeyes are competing in the ITA Kickoff Event. The Hawkeyes won at Texas Tech (4-3), before falling to No. 20 Mississippi State (4-1).
WATCH MATCHES ONLINE
Fans can watch a live stream of the meet all weekend long with this link: http://bit.ly/2ruf5AT.
HAWKS SPLIT DOUBLEHEADER
• The Hawkeyes blanked Marquette in the season opener, 7-0.
• Iowa’s freshmen class picked up their first collegiate wins of their careers.
• Joe Tyler secured two victories against Western Michigan. Iowa ultimately lost to the Broncos, 5-2.
• The Bulldogs are the No. 4 rated team in the country.
• Georgia has won the Southeastern Conference five years in a row.
• Georgia also returns each lettermen that went 22-8, and advanced to the NCAA Semifinals for the second straight season.
• The Hogs have dropped their last two meets against Top-20 opponents (Oklahoma and Oklahoma State).
• Jose Salazar is ranked No. 113 in the nation in singles.
• The Tigers won their season opener against Big Ten-foe Indiana, 5-2.
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
Fans can follow the Hawkeyes all season long and receive live match updates on Facebook (facebook.com/IowaMensTennis) and Twitter (@IowaMensTennis). Fans can also get a behind the scene look on Instagram (iowamenstennis).
• This will be Iowa’s first ever meeting against Georgia.
• The Hawkeyes are 1-1 versus Memphis and 0-2 versus the Razorbacks.