MADISON, Wis. — The No. 44 University of Iowa men’s tennis team fell at Wisconsin, 4-0, Sunday afternoon at Neilson Tennis Stadium.
The match started with the Hawkeyes dropping the doubles point for just the fifth time in 18 matches. Jonas Larsen and Kareem Allaf fell, 6-1, on court one. At No. 2, Wisconsin handed freshmen Will Davies and Piotr Smietana their second straight loss, 6-0.
The Badgers defeated Allaf, Joe Tyler, and Larsen courts three, four, and five, respectively to clinch the match. The other three singles matches were ended in the second set.
The nationally-ranked Hawkeyes will host four matches at the Hawkeye Tennis & Recreation Complex next weekend. Iowa will host nationally-ranked Illinois on Saturday (noon), followed matches against Northwestern (noon) and South Dakota State (3:30 and 5:30 p.m.) on Sunday. Admission is free to the public.
Wisconsin 4, #44 Iowa 0
March 25, 2018 | 3 p.m. (CT) | Madison, Wisconsin | Neilson Tennis Stadium
1. Josef Dodridge (UW) vs. Josh Silverstein (UI): 3-6, 2-1, unfinished
2. Lamar Remy (UW) vs. Piotr Smietana (UI): 7-6, 1-0, unfinished
3. Daniel Soyfer (UW) def. Kareem Allaf (UI): 6-3, 6-2
4. Chema Carranza (UW) def. Joe Tyler (UI): 6-3, 6-1
5. Osgar O’Hoisin (UW) def. Jonas Larsen (UI): 6-1, 6-1
6. Robert Krill (UW) vs. Will Davies (UI): 6-3, 3-2, unfinished
1. Dodridge/Carranza (UW) def. #70 Allaf/Larsen (UI): 6-1
2. O’Hoisin Soyfer (UW) def. #40 Davies/Smietana (UI): 6-0
3. Remy/Freimuth (UW) vs. Tyler/Jacoby (UI): 5-2, unfinished
#44 Iowa: 9-9 (1-2)
Wisconsin: 10-6 (2-1)
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1); Singles (5,4,3)