IOWA CITY, Iowa – The University of Iowa women’s basketball team will host its Sneak Peek Summer Scrimmage on Friday, July 13. Tipoff will be at 6 p.m. (CT) in Carver-Hawkeye Arena’s practice gym. Come and get a first look at the 2018-19 Hawkeyes in action. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Admission is free.
The 2018-19 squad returns nine letterwinners to its roster and adds four freshmen.
WHERE AND WHEN
Carver-Hawkeye Arena Practice Gym (2nd Floor)
Friday, July 13 – 6 p.m.
Enter the North Entrance of the arena, where the ticket/athletics offices are located. Use the stairs or elevator on your left to take you down to the second floor practice gym.
- All-American and Big Ten Player of the Year Megan Gustafson is coming off a record-breaking junior season, averaging nearly 26 points and 13 boards
- Co-captain Hannah Stewart looks to continue her efficiency into her senior year after shooting 49.3 percent from the field in her junior campaign
- Tania Davis averaged 9.7 points and five assists in 12 games played before suffering an ACL tear last December against UNI. Davis is on the road to recovery and looking to come back for a strong and healthy senior season
- Co-captain and second team All-Big Ten selection Kathleen Doyle returns for her junior season after leading the Big Ten with 7.5 assists per game in conference play
- Makenzie Meyer returns after leading the team in free throw percentage (91.2 percent) and registering single-season highs in six categories in her sophomore campaign
- Amanda Ollinger returns for her junior season after playing in 31 contests with five starts and pulling down five or more rebounds on 14 occasions
- Alexis Sevillian led the team in 3-pointers made (39) in her redshirt freshman season
- Zion Sanders appeared in 22 contests and earned a scholarship midway through her freshman year
- Paula Valino Ramos appeared in 11 contests in her freshmen season and recorded a point or rebound in each appearance
- Guard Tomi Taiwo enters her freshman season after leading three different high school teams to sectional championships
- Guard Kate Martin joins the squad after leading Edwardsville to a state runner-up finish in 2017. She will redshirt this season with a torn ACL
- Forward Logan Cook enters her first year after leading Iowa City West to two Class 5A State Semifinal appearances
- Forward/Center Monika Czinano joins the Hawkeyes after guiding her high school team, Watertown Mayer, to back-to-back Wright County West Championships (2016, 2017)