The University of Iowa women’s gymnastics team travels to Columbus, Ohio, this week to take on the No. 15 Buckeyes on Saturday at 11 a.m. (CT).
- Follow Saturday’s meet against Ohio State on live stats or through the live stream via BTNPlus.
- Live stats links throughout the season can be found on hawkeyesports.com/wgymlive.
SCOUTING OHIO STATE
- Ohio State is ranked 15th in the latest Road to Nationals Poll (1/28).
- The Buckeyes are 3-1 on the season and 2-0 in conference.
- Senior Jamie Stone contributed a 9.900 on floor and sophomore Jenna Swartzentruber tallied a 9.900 on bars, both season bests vs. Michigan State on Sunday, Jan. 27.
- Ohio State beat Michigan State for its third win in a row, 196.200-195.225.
- The Buckeyes are led by Meredith Paulicivic, who is in her second season at Ohio State.
GYMHAWKS DEFEAT THE SCARLET KNIGHTS
- The GymHawks defeated the Scarlet Knights on Jan.26, 194.575-191.625
- Senior Nicole Chow (9.900) and freshman Jax Kranitz (9.875) both contributed personal bests on bars.
- Junior Clair Kaji (9.800) and sophomore Maddie Kampschroeder (9.825) added season bests on bars.
- The GymHawks scored a season high on bars (49.125) and floor (48.900).
- Freshman Bridget Killian scored a career high of 9.800 on floor.
- Junior Charlotte Sullivan made her season debut on floor and contributed a 9.750.
- Freshman Lauren Guerin tied a career-high on floor of 9.875.
- The GymHawks are ranked 30th in the country on beam according to the latest Road to Nationals Poll (1/28).
- Iowa is ranked 33 on bars according to the most recent Road to Nationals Poll (1/28).
- Freshman Lauren Guerin won floor against Rutgers with a 9.875.
- Freshman Bridget Killian won two events against Rutgers – beam (9.725) and vault (9.750).
- Senior Nicole Chow won bars against Rutgers with a score of 9.900
- The GymHawks beat SEMO in their home opener Jan. 11, 194.700-180.925.
- Head Coach Larissa Libby is entering her 15th season as head coach and 19th year overall.
- In 2018, Libby led the GymHawks to their 18th NCAA appearance with a No.33 national ranking and a 13-win season.
- Libby coached Charlotte Sullivan to being named on the All-Championship team.
- During the regular season Libby coached three GymHawks–Lanie Snyder, Nikki Youd, and Nicole Chow– to second team All-Big Ten honors.
- Libby takes pride in her GymHawks outside the gym as well. In 2018, a record 11 gymnasts received Academic All-Big Ten honors.
- Season tickets are available at hawkeyesports.com/tickets, by calling 1-800-IA-HAWKS, or at the UI Athletics Ticket Office at the north entrance of Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
- Season tickets are $40 and all seating is general admission. Youth ages 18 and under and UI students receive free admission to all regular season home meets.
- Season ticket holders gain admission to five home meets at Carver-Hawkeye Arena against Southeast Missouri State, Minnesota, Rutgers, Illinois, and Iowa State.
- Season ticket holders receive early entrance (1.5 hours prior to the start of competition at the west entrance) to all home meets, ensuring access to the Kids Zone, limited edition posters, and other promotions.
CHOW, SULLIVAN NAMED T0 B1G WATCH LIST
- Senior Nicole Chow and junior Charlotte Sullivan were named to the 2019 Big Ten Women’s Gymnasts to Watch List.
- Chow enters her senior season after being named second team All-Big Ten in the 2018 season. She earned four beam titles and one all-around title. Chow competed in every meet last season and saw all-around action in nine of Iowa’s 12 meets. At the Big Ten Championships, Chow set career-highs on vault (9.850) and all around (39.325), placing fourth and sixth, respectively.
- Sullivan, a returning junior, competed in the all-around in every meet during the 2018 season. She was named to the All-Championship team at the Big Ten Championships. She placed third on vault with a career-high (9.875) and placed eighth in the all-around (39.275).
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
For an inside look at the Iowa gymnastics program and access to exclusive coverage, “like” Iowa Women’s Gymnastics on Facebook and follow @IowaGymnastics on Twitter, and Instagram.
The GymHawks will have posters, magnets, and schedule cards available for free at all meets throughout the season.
Parking is FREE for the home meets. Fans are encouraged to park in Lot 46, the parking lot connected to Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
- The GymHawks travel Ann Arbor, Mich., to take on the No. 10 Wolverines on Sunday, Feb. 10 at 1 p.m. (CT).
- Live results will be available hawkeyesports.com/wgymlive.
- Fans can follow along on Instagram, @IowaGymnastics, and on Twitter, @IowaGymnastics, for live updates.