The University of Iowa women’s gymnastics team hosts Illinois inside Carver Hawkeye Arena at 6 p.m. (CT) on Saturday.
- Saturday is Princess/Superhero Night. Fans are encouraged to dress up as their favorite superhero/princess. There will be princesses and superheroes to take pictures with before the meet.
- The Kids Zone will be available for young Hawkeye fans prior to the meet and will include a poster making station, arts and crafts, the balance beam, and a special guest each week.
- A few lucky fans will be selected for the “Best Seat in the House” with floor seats.
- Saturday’s meet against Illinois will air live on BTN2GO and will re-air on Sunday at 10 a.m. (CT) on the Big Ten Network.
- BTN2GO can be accessed through your t.v. provider.
- Live stats throughout the season can be found on hawkeyesports.com/wgymlive.
- Illinois is ranked 38th in the latest Road to Nationals Poll (2/11) and fifth in the Big Ten standings.
- The Fighting Illini are 5-5 on the season and 2-2 in conference.
- Illinois swept Michigan State on Saturday, Feb. 9, 195.100-194.575.
- Sophomore Kasey Meeks and junior Karen Howell both earned 9.900’s on vault.
- The Fighting Illini are led by Nadalie Walsh, who is in her second season at Illinois.
- Walsh took Illinois to a third place finish at NCAA Tuscaloosa Regional in 2018.
GYMHAWKS EARN SEASON-HIGH IN ALL-AROUND
- The GymHawks earned a season-high team score in the all-around with a score of 195.375 against Michigan on Sunday, Feb.10.
- Sophomore Emma Hartzler tied a season best with a 9.775 on bars.
- Freshman Lauren Guerin (9.750) and Hartzler (9.725) both contributed career highs on vault.
- Freshman Bridget Killian tied a career high with a 9.800 on vault.
- Also on vault, Seniors Misty-Jade Carlson (9.800) and Nicole Chow (9.675) both contributed season-bests.
- Freshmen Guerin (9.900) and Allie Gilchrist (9.775) scored career-highs on floor.
- Sullivan tied a career best of 9.800 on floor and Kaji tied a season best on floor of 9.875.
- Chow scored a season high of 9.875 on beam.
- Freshman Mackenzie Vance (9.775) and Carlson (9.850) tied career highs on beam.
- Iowa earned a season high team score of 195.375 vs. No. 10 Michigan.
- Freshman Lauren Guerin earned her first 9.900 of her collegiate career on floor vs. Michigan.
- The GymHawks are ranked 31st in the country on beam, according to the latest Road to Nationals Poll (2/11).
- Iowa is ranked 36th on bars and floor according to the most recent Road to Nationals Poll (2/11).
- The GymHawks defeated Rutgers on Jan. 26, 194.575-191.625.
- Freshman Lauren Guerin won floor against Rutgers with a 9.875.
- Freshman Bridget Killian won two events against Rutgers – beam (9.725) and vault (9.750).
- Senior Nicole Chow won bars against Rutgers with a score of 9.900
- The GymHawks beat SEMO in their home opener Jan. 11, 194.700-180.925.
- Head Coach Larissa Libby is entering her 15th season as head coach and 19th year overall.
- In 2018, Libby led the GymHawks to their 18th NCAA appearance with a No.33 national ranking and a 13-win season.
- Libby coached Charlotte Sullivan to being named on the All-Championship team.
- During the regular season Libby coached three GymHawks–Lanie Snyder, Nikki Youd, and Nicole Chow– to second team All-Big Ten honors.
- Libby takes pride in her GymHawks outside the gym as well. In 2018, a record 11 gymnasts received Academic All-Big Ten honors.
CHOW, SULLIVAN NAMED T0 B1G WATCH LIST
- Senior Nicole Chow and junior Charlotte Sullivan were named to the 2019 Big Ten Women’s Gymnasts to Watch List.
- Chow enters her senior season after being named second team All-Big Ten in the 2018 season. She earned four beam titles and one all-around title. Chow competed in every meet last season and saw all-around action in nine of Iowa’s 12 meets. At the Big Ten Championships, Chow set career-highs on vault (9.850) and all around (39.325), placing fourth and sixth, respectively.
- Sullivan, a returning junior, competed in the all-around in every meet during the 2018 season. She was named to the All-Championship team at the Big Ten Championships. She placed third on vault with a career-high (9.875) and placed eighth in the all-around (39.275).
- Admission for adults is $10, and kids (18 and under) are free.
- University of Iowa students receive free admission.
- Doors open for general admission one hour prior to the meet.
- Season ticket holders receive early entrance (1.5 hours prior to the start of competition at the west entrance) to all home meets, ensuring access to the Kids Zone, limited edition posters, and other promotions.
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
For an inside look at the Iowa gymnastics program and access to exclusive coverage, “like” Iowa Women’s Gymnastics on Facebook and follow @IowaGymnastics on Twitter, and Instagram.
The GymHawks will have posters, magnets, and schedule cards available for free at all meets throughout the season.
Parking is FREE for the home meets. Fans are encouraged to park in Lot 46, the parking lot connected to Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
- The GymHawks travel to Toledo, Ohio, to compete at the Big Five meet on Friday, Feb. 22 at 6:00 p.m. (CT).
- Live results will be available hawkeyesports.com/wgymlive.
- Fans can follow along on Instagram, @IowaGymnastics, and on Twitter, @IowaGymnastics, for live updates.