The University of Iowa women’s gymnastics team travels to Seattle, Wash., to take on No.19 Washington and Sacramento State in a tri-meet Friday, March 8, at 9 p.m. (CT).
- Friday’s meet will be live streamed on Pac-12 Plus (subscription required).
- Live stats throughout the season can be found on hawkeyesports.com/wgymlive.
- Washington is ranked 19th in the latest Road to Nationals Poll (3/4).
- The Huskies are ranked 25th on vault, 22nd on beam, 16th on bars, and 23rd on floor.
- Washington’s highest score of the season was 196.750 vs. Boise State and Utah State on Friday, March 1, at Boise State.
- The Huskie’s current regional qualifying score (RQS) is 196.205.
- Evanni Robertson scored a 39.500 in the all-around, scoring 9.900s on vault and uneven bars at Boise State.
- Madison Copiak scored a 9.9250 on the uneven bars at Boise State.
- The Huskies are led by Elise Ray-Statz, who is in her third year at Washington.
- Ray-Statz has led the GymDawgs to back-to-back NCAA Nationals for the second time in school history.
SCOUTING SACRAMENTO STATE
- Sacramento State is ranked 64th in the latest Road to Nationals Poll (3/4).
- The Hornets are ranked 61st on vault, 66th on bars, 57th on beam, and 59th on floor.
- Sacramento State’s highest score of the season is 192.6250 against California and UC Davis on March 1.
- The Hornets are led by Randy Solorio, who is in his third year.
- Solorio has coached four of his gymnasts to the NCAA West Regional.
GYMHAWKS TOP 196 ON SENIOR NIGHT
• The GymHawks earned a season-high score on vault of 48.950, and a team score of 196.250.
• Freshmen Alex Greenwald (9.700) and Lauren Guerin (9.825) both earned career bests on vault.
• Senior Misty-Jade Carlson tied a season best with a 9.800 on vault.
• Freshman Mackenzie Vance earned a career high of 9.725 on bars.
• Junior Clair Kaji and freshman Lauren Guerin each earned a 9.900 on floor to share the event title. Kaji tied a season best and Guerin tied a career high.
• Junior Charlotte Sullivan tied season best on floor with a 9.850.
• Sullivan earned a season best in the all-around competition with a 39.200.
GYMHAWKS WIN SESSION 1 OF BIG FIVE MEET
- The GymHawks won session one of the Big Five Meet, which guarantees them a spot in the night session at the Big Ten Championships.
- Iowa earned a season high score of 196.450.
- Junior Clair Kaji set a career high and senior Nicole Chow tied a career high on bars, both with a 9.900s, sharing the event title.
- Junior Charlotte Sullivan competed in the all-around for Iowa and finished fourth with a score of 39.100.
- Junior Clair Kaji earned three event titles on beam (9.875), floor (9.900), and bars (9.900).
- Freshman Lauren Guerin earned a 9.900 on floor, sharing the title with Kaji.
- Sophomore Emma Hartzler tied a career high (9.725), freshman Bridget Killian set a career high (9.825), and Sullivan (9.825) earned a season best on vault.
- Head Coach Larissa Libby is entering her 15th season as head coach and 19th year overall.
- In 2018, Libby led the GymHawks to their 18th NCAA appearance with a No.33 national ranking and a 13-win season.
- Libby coached All-Championship honoree Charlotte Sullivan.
- During the regular season, Libby coached three GymHawks–Lanie Snyder, Nikki Youd, and Nicole Chow– to second team All-Big Ten honors.
- Libby takes pride in her GymHawks outside the gym as well. In 2018, a record 11 gymnasts received Academic All-Big Ten honors.
- The GymHawks are ranked 31st overall in the latest Road to Nationals Poll (3/4).
- Iowa is ranked 28th on bars, 31st on beam, and 19th on floor in the latest Road to Nationals Poll (3/4).
- The GymHawks scored a 195.400 vs. Illinois on Feb. 16, scoring a 49.200 on bars and a season high of 49.400 on floor.
- Three GymHawks earned 9.900s on floor — Erin Castle, Clair Kaji, and Lauren Guerin — while the other three GymHawks earned 9.850s — Charlotte Sullivan, Bridget Killian, and Allie Gilchrist vs. Illinois.
- The GymHawks earned two 9.900’s on bars from Jax Kranitz, a career best, and Nicole Chow tied a career best vs. Illinois.
- Sophomore Erin Castle scored a career best of 9.750 on vault vs. Illinois.
- Iowa earned a score of 195.375 vs. No. 10 Michigan.
- The GymHawks defeated Rutgers on Jan. 26, 194.575-191.625.
- Freshman Lauren Guerin won floor against Rutgers with a 9.875.
- Freshman Bridget Killian won two events against Rutgers – beam (9.725) and vault (9.750).
- Senior Nicole Chow won bars against Rutgers with a score of 9.900
- The GymHawks beat SEMO in their home opener Jan. 11, 194.700-180.925.
- Lauren Guerin has earned her fourth 9.900 in a row on floor to tie a career high vs. Iowa State March 1, to help her team to a score of 196.250.
- Mackenzie Vance scored a career high on bars of 9.725 vs. Iowa State.
- Also vs. Iowa State, Alex Greenwald (9.700) and Lauren Guerin (9.825) both earned career bests on vault to help the GymHawks to a season high score on vault of 48.950.
- Bridget Killian earned a career high on vault with a 9.825 at the Big Five Meet.
- Jax Kranitz earned a career high of 9.900, on bars vs. Illinois on Feb. 16.
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
For an inside look at the Iowa gymnastics program and access to exclusive coverage, “like” Iowa Women’s Gymnastics on Facebook and follow @IowaGymnastics on Twitter, and Instagram.
The GymHawks will have posters, magnets, and schedule cards available at the North Entrance of Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
- The GymHawks travel to Corvallis, Ore., to take on No.15 Oregon State, North Carolina and Seattle Pacific in a quad meet on Friday, March 15 at 9 pm. (CT).
- Live results will be available at hawkeyesports.com/wgymlive.