The University of Iowa women’s gymnastics team travels to Corvallis, Oregon, to take on No.15 Oregon State, North Carolina, and Seattle Pacific in a quad-meet Friday, March 15, at 9 p.m. (CT).
- Link to a live video stream will be available on the women’s gymnastics schedule page at hawekeysports.com.
- Live stats throughout the season can be found on hawkeyesports.com/wgymlive.
SCOUTING OREGON STATE
- Oregon State is ranked 15th in the latest Road to Nationals Poll (3/11).
- The Beavers are ranked 16th on vault, 15th on beam, 25th on bars, and 11th on floor.
- Oregon State’s high score of the season is 197.450 vs. UCLA.
- The Beaver’s current regional qualifying score (RQS) is 196.485.
- Oregon State is led by Tanya Chaplin, who is in her 22nd season as head coach.
- Chaplin was a six-time All-American at UCLA.
- She has won Pac-10 coach of the year five times (’11,’10,’08,’05,’99).
SCOUTING NORTH CAROLINA
- North Carolina is ranked 46th in the latest Road to Nationals Poll (3/11).
- Tar Heels are ranked 23rd on vault, 57th on bars, 47th on beam, and 25th on floor.
- North Carolina’s highest score of the season was 195.150 vs. Ball State and Oklahoma.
- The Tar Heels are led by Derek Galvin, who is in his 38th season at the helm.
- In the last 17 years, Galvin has won five East Atlantic Gymnastics League (EAGL) titles since 2002.
SCOUTING SEATTLE PACIFIC
- Seattle Pacific University is ranked 65th in the latest Road to Nationals Poll (3/11).
- The Falcons are ranked 59th on vault, 61st on bars, 67th on beam, and 65th on floor.
- Seattle Pacific’s high score of the season is 192.625 vs. UC Davis on Jan. 18.
- The Falcons are led by Laurel Tindall. She is in her 40th season.
- Tindall has led the Falcons in a 20-year consecutive top-four national finishes from 1983-03.
GREENWALD WINS VAULT TITLE IN SEATTLE
- The GymHawks earned a season-high score on vault of 49.200 and a team score of 195.300 at Washington with Sacramento State on March 8.
- Freshmen Alex Greenwald (9.900) and Lauren Guerin (9.850) both earned career highs on vault .
- Junior Clair Kaji and senior Nicole Chow scored 9.850’s on beam.
- Freshman Lauren Guerin earned her fifth consecutive 9.900 on floor.
- Freshman Bridget Killian tied her career high on floor of 9.875
GYMHAWKS WIN SESSION 1 OF BIG FIVE MEET
- The GymHawks won session one of the Big Five Meet, which guarantees them a spot in the night session at the Big Ten Championships.
- Iowa earned a season high score of 196.450.
- Junior Clair Kaji set a career high and senior Nicole Chow tied a career high on bars, both with a 9.900s, sharing the event title.
- Junior Charlotte Sullivan competed in the all-around for Iowa and finished fourth with a score of 39.100.
- Junior Clair Kaji earned three event titles on beam (9.875), floor (9.900), and bars (9.900).
- Freshman Lauren Guerin earned a 9.900 on floor, sharing the title with Kaji.
- Sophomore Emma Hartzler tied a career high (9.725), freshman Bridget Killian set a career high (9.825), and Sullivan (9.825) earned a season best on vault.
- Head Coach Larissa Libby is entering her 15th season as head coach and 19th year overall.
- In 2018, Libby led the GymHawks to their 18th NCAA appearance with a No.33 national ranking and a 13-win season.
- Libby coached All-Championship honoree Charlotte Sullivan.
- During the regular season, Libby coached three GymHawks–Lanie Snyder, Nikki Youd, and Nicole Chow– to second team All-Big Ten honors.
- Libby takes pride in her GymHawks outside the gym as well. In 2018, a record 11 gymnasts received Academic All-Big Ten honors.
- The GymHawks are ranked 33rd overall in the latest Road to Nationals Poll (3/11).
- Iowa is ranked 31st on bars, 35th on beam, and 17th on floor in the latest Road to Nationals Poll (3/11).
- Iowa scored a 196.250 vs. Iowa State , its second-highest score of the season on March 1.
- Junior Clair Kaji and freshman Lauren Guerin each earned a 9.900 on floor to share the event title vs. Iowa State. Kaji tied a season best and Guerin tied a career high.
- Sullivan earned a season best in the all-around competition with a 39.200 vs. Iowa State.
- The GymHawks scored a 195.400 vs. Illinois on Feb. 16, scoring a 49.200 on bars and a season high of 49.400 on floor.
- Three GymHawks earned 9.900s on floor — Erin Castle, Clair Kaji, and Lauren Guerin — while the other three GymHawks earned 9.850s — Charlotte Sullivan, Bridget Killian, and Allie Gilchrist vs. Illinois.
- The GymHawks earned two 9.900’s on bars from Jax Kranitz, a career best, and Nicole Chow tied a career best vs. Illinois.
- Sophomore Erin Castle scored a career best of 9.750 on vault vs. Illinois.
- Iowa earned a score of 195.375 vs. No. 10 Michigan.
- The GymHawks defeated Rutgers on Jan. 26, 194.575-191.625.
- Freshman Lauren Guerin won floor against Rutgers with a 9.875.
- Freshman Bridget Killian won two events against Rutgers – beam (9.725) and vault (9.750).
- Senior Nicole Chow won bars against Rutgers with a score of 9.900
- The GymHawks beat SEMO in their home opener Jan. 11, 194.700-180.925.
- Lauren Guerin has earned her fifth 9.900 in a row on floor to tie a career high vs. Washington with Sacramento State to help the GymHawks earn a floor score of 49.275.
- Guerin (9.850), Alex Greenwald (9.900), Carina Tolan (9.800) all earned career highs, while Bridget Killian tied her career high (9.825) on vault to help the GymHawks earn a season high score of 49.200 at Washington with Sacramento State on March 8.
- Mackenzie Vance scored a career high on bars of 9.725 vs. Iowa State.
- Jax Kranitz earned a career high of 9.900, on bars vs. Illinois on Feb. 16.
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
For an inside look at the Iowa gymnastics program and access to exclusive coverage, “like” Iowa Women’s Gymnastics on Facebook and follow @IowaGymnastics on Twitter, and Instagram.
- The GymHawks travel to State College, Pennsylvania, for the Big Ten Championships, Saturday March 23.
- Live results will be available at hawkeyesports.com/wgymlive.