State College, Pa. — The University of Iowa women’s gymnastics team finished sixth at the Big Ten Championships on Saturday evening inside Rec Hall.
Iowa scored a 196.075 team score – its third highest score of the season.
Michigan won the championships with a score of 197.400, followed by Illinois (196.650), Nebraska (196.550), Minnesota (195.425), Penn State (196.125) and Iowa (196.075).
Following Iowa was Ohio State (195.775), Michigan State (195.425), Maryland (194.800), and Rutgers (194.175).
Freshman Lauren Guerin scored her sixth 9.900 of the season on floor to tie a career high. Junior Clair Kaji scored 9.850s on beam and bars. Senior Misty-Jade Carlson and sophomore Maddie Kampschroeder both notched 9.850s. Kampschroeder on bars, and Carlson on beam.
Junior Charlotte Sullivan competed in the all-around to earn a 39.100. Sullivan scored a 9.800 on floor, 9.825 on bars, 9.750 on vault, and 9.725 on beam.
Iowa started the Big Ten Championships on floor with a 49.175. Freshman Lauren Guerin earned a 9.900 to tie a career best. Sophomore Erin Castle and freshman Bridget Killian both scored 9.850s, while junior Charlotte Sullivan earned a 9.800.
The GymHawks continued onto vault where the power of their freshman led the way. Guerin scored a 9.850 and Killian added a 9.800. Junior Charlotte Sullivan and senior Misty-Jade Carlson both scored 9.750s.
Iowa caught fire on bars scoring a 49.125. Junior Clair Kaji started the event off with a 9.850. Sophomore Maddie Kampschroeder followed suit with a season-best of 9.850. Sophomore Emma Hartzler, freshman Jax Kranitz, and senior Nicole Chow all earned 9.800s. Sullivan notched a 9.825.
The GymHawks kept that fire as they went to close out the Big Ten Championships on beam. Carlson and Kaji both scored 9.850s on beam. Carlson’s score tied a career best, while Kaji added her second 9.850 of the evening. Killian also tied a career best with a 9.825.
- Freshman Lauren Guerin earned her sixth 9.900 of the season to tie a career-high on floor.
- Sophomore Erin Castle and freshman Bridget Killian both scored 9.850s on floor.
- Guerin scored a 9.850 on vault, and Killian scored a 9.800 on vault.
- Junior Clair Kaji and sophomore Maddie Kampschroeder both earned 9.850s on bars. The score was a season best for Kampschroeder.
- Sullivan notched a 9.825 while Hartzler, Kranitz, and Chow all earned 9.800s on bars.
- Senior Misty-Jade Carlson and junior Clair Kaji both scored 9.850s on beam.
- Freshman Bridget Killian tied a career high of 9.825 on beam.
The GymHawks have locked in their spot for the NCAA Regional. The NCAA selection show is Monday, March 25, which will reveal final seeds and destination for the GymHawks.