EVANSTON, Illinois — The University of Iowa men’s tennis team lost at Northwestern, 6-1, on Saturday at the Combe Tennis Center.
The match started with the Hawkeyes winning the doubles point with wins on courts two and three. Kareem Allaf and Jonas Larsen bounced Fasono/Pickens, 6-3, at No. 2. Joe Tyler and Nikita Snezhko clinched the doubles point, also recording a 6-3 victory at No. 3. Oliver Okonkwo and Will Davies’ match on court one went unfinished after Iowa captured the doubles point.
In singles competition, the Wildcats swept the Hawkeyes on all six courts to win the match. The loss was Iowa’s first in Big Ten play, falling to 3-1.
Iowa, winners of four of its last six matches, returns to action tomorrow at No. 14 Illinois in Champaign, Illinois.
Northwestern 6, Iowa 1
March 30, 2019 | Noon (CT) | Evanston, Illinois | Combe Tennis Center
1. Dominik Stary (NU) def. Kareem Allaf (UI): 7-5, 6-2
2. Antonioni Fasano (NU) def. Oliver Okonkwo (UI): 6-2, 6-1
3. Chris Ephron (NU) def. Jonas Larsen (UI): 6-4, 6-0
4. Simen Bratholm (NU) def. Joe Tyler (UI): 6-4, 6-2
5. Trice Pickens (NU) def. Will Davies (UI): 6-4, 3-6, 10-6
6. Jason Seidman (NU) def. Jason Kerst (UI): 6-0, 6-3
1. Okonkwo/Davies (UI) vs. StaryEphron (NU): unfinished
2. Allaf/Larsen (UI) def. Fasano/Pickens (NU): 6-3
3. Snezhko/Tyler (UI) def. Vandixhorn/Bratholm (NU): 6-3
Iowa 12-5, 3-1
Northwestern 11-9, 2-2
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3); Singles (2,4,6,3,1,5)