Hawkeye Fan Shop — A Black & Gold Store | Hawk Talk Monthly — April | 24 Hawkeyes to Watch 2018-19
The University of Iowa women’s golf team travels to Maineville, Ohio, to play in the Big Ten Women’s Golf Championships on April 19-21.
- Friday, April 19 — First Round — play begins at 9:30 a.m. (CT)
- Saturday, April 20 — Second Round — play begins at 9:30 a.m. (CT)
- Sunday, April 21 — Third Round — play begins at 9 a.m. (CT)
Live scoring will be available throughout the tournament on GolfStat.com.
Links can be found on the Iowa women’s golf schedule page at hawkeyesports.com.
The field includes 14 teams (Golfstat Relative Rankings): Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State (19), Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern (16), Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers and Wisconsin.
Freshman Manuela Lizarazu, sophomore Brett Permann, seniors Kristin Glesne and Shawn Rennegarbe, freshman Dana Lerner and sophomore Stephanie Herzog will compete for Iowa.
- TPC River’s Bend was designed by Arnold Palmer.
- It is a par-72 course that blends in with the hillside overlooking the Little Miami River.
HISTORICALLY AT THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Last year, Jessica Ip finished with a three-round score of 221 (+5), tying for 25th. She carded four birdies in the third round.
- The Hawkeyes finished 12th with a three-round score of 900 (+36).
- Senior Shawn Rennegarbe tied for 38th with a 54-hole score of 224 (+8).
- Senior Kristin Glesne tied for 46th with a three-round score of 227 (+11).
- Sophomore Herzog tied for 62nd after registering a three-round total of 232 (+16).
- Freshman Manuela Lizarazu earned an eighth-place finish at the Bruzzy Challenge on April 1-2. Lizarazu fired 17 birdies through three rounds, finishing with a career-best, 54-hole score of 214 (-2).
- Sophomore Brett Permann carded a career-best, three-round total of 219 (+3) at the Bruzzy Challenge. She tied for 28th.
- Senior Kristin Glesne ntoched a personal-best,18-hole score of 68 (-4) at the Hawkeye-El Tigre Invitational on March 23. She tied for 26th.
- Manuela Lizarazu led Iowa at the Wildcat Invitational on March 11-12. She tallied a 54-hole score of 227 (+11) to tie for 22nd. Lizarazu posted a three-round score of 218 (+2) at the Westbrook Spring Invitational on Feb. 24-25.
TEAM FALL RECAP
- The Hawkeyes won the team title at the Diane Thomason Invitational on Sept. 30, carding a 54-hole score of 898 (+34).
- Senior Shawn Rennegarbe was named the Big Ten Golfer of the Week after placing first at the Diane Thomason Invitational on Sept. 29-30. Rennegarbe registered a 54-hole total of 221 (+5; 79, 73, 69) to claim medalist honors for the first time in her career.
- Freshman Manuela Lizarazu registered a career-high finish (3rd) after shooting one-under-par in the first round at the Diane Thomason Invitational. She carded a three-round total of 223 (+7).
- Senior Kristin Glesne placed fourth, registering a three-round score of 226 (+10).
- Manuela Lizarazu lead the Hawkeyes at the Battle at the Beach in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, on Nov. 2-4, tying for 19th with a 54-hole score of 219 (+6).
- Lizarazu finished the first round with a season-best, 18-hole score of 70 (-1) in the first round. She registered four birdies on the front-nine en-route to a three-over-par third finish.
- Sophomore Sophie Liu carded a season-best 72 in the third round to climb up 10 spots from the second round. She tied for 69th. Liu also recorded a new career-low, 54-hole score of 231 (+18).
RENNEGARBE’S STRONG FALL
- Senior Shawn Rennegarbe claimed co-medalist honors at the Diane Thomason Invitational on Sept. 29-30 with a 54-hole score of 221 (+5), shooting a 69 (-3) in the final round. Rennegarbe earned Big Ten Golfer of the Week for her play in the Diane Thomason Invitational.
- The senior registered career bests for 18-holes (69, -3) and 54-holes 221 (+5), earning a career best finish with co-medalist honors.
- The Addieville, Illinois, native earned the top individual finish in two of the team’s five fall events. She tied for first at the Diane Thomason Invitational and tied for 24th at the Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational.
- Rennegarbe led the Hawkeyes with a 75.8 stroke average and a low-round of 69 (-3). She notched one top-10 and one top-20 finish.
TWO NAMED BIG TEN PRESEASON HONOREES
Two members of the University of Iowa women’s golf team — seniors Shawn Rennegarbe and Kristin Glesne — were named 2018-19 Big Ten Women’s Golf Preseason Honorees.
- Rennegarbe competed in all 10 competitions last season including a career-best finish at the Hawkeye El-Tigre Invitational, tying for 20th, with-round total of 225 (+9).
- Glesne competed in nine tournaments last season. She tied for 46th at the Big Ten Championships (April 20-22) with a three-round total of 227 (+11).
This season, the Hawkeyes welcome three newcomers — Brett Permann, Dana Lerner and Manuela Lizarazu to the 2018-2019 squad. Permann transferred from the University of Central Arkansas; Lerner is from Caesarea, Israel; Lizarazu is from Bogota, Colombia.
Fans can follow @iowawomensgolf on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay up to date on the latest Hawkeye news.