The University of Iowa women’s golf team travels to New Orleans to compete in the All State Sugar Bowl Feb. 16-18.
- Sunday, Feb. 16 — Round one tee times — 9:00 a.m. (CT)
- Monday, Feb. 17 — Round two tee times — 9:00 a.m (CT).
- Tuesday, Feb. 18 — Final round shotgun start — 8:00 a.m (CT).
The All State Sugar Bowl will have live scoring available on golfstat.com. The live scoring link is available on the women’s golf schedule on hawkeyesports.com.
The field will consist of 14 teams: No. 23 Houston, Denver, Southern Methodist, No. 13 Michigan State, North Texas, Sourthern Miss, No. 9 Florida, Miami, NC State, Iowa, Colorado State, Tulsa, Alabama at Birmingham, and South Alabama.
The Hawkeyes’ starting lineup includes freshmen Lea Zeitler, Jacquelyn Galloway, and Morgan Goldstein, junior Brett Permann, and senior Sarah Overton.
- The English Turn Golf and Country Club was named during the 17th Century after two french men convinced an English ship captain to turn around because the French owned the land.
- The course was designed in 1988 for the New Orleans PGA Tour Event that was held in 2004 and 2006 after Hurricane Katrina.
- The course has numerous bunkers, large grass mounds, and meandering lakes.
ZEITLER BIG TEN GOLFER OF THE WEEK
- Freshman Lea Zeitler was named Big Ten Golfer of the Week on Nov. 6, for her performance during the Battle at the Beach.
- Zeitler fired her season-best 18-hole score of 68 during the third round of the Battle at the Beach in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico, on Nov. 1-3.
- She tied for 16th and recorded a three-round total of 218 (+2). Carding 10 birdies and 44 holes at-or-below par.
- Freshman Jacquelyn Galloway shot her 18-hole best (68) at the Magnolia Invitational. She is the third freshman to do so, Manuela Lizarazu was the first last season at the Bruzzy Challenge.
- Freshman Lea Zeitler shot her 18-hole best (68) at the Battle at the Beach.
LOOKING BACK — FALL 2019
- The Hawkeyes tied for 12th at the Battle at the Beach on Nov. 1-3.
- Freshman Lea Zeitler finished the tournament tied for 16th with a total score of 218 (+2). Freshman Jacquelyn Galloway carded a 54-hole total of 219 (+3) tying for 21st.
- The Hawkeyes placed ninth at the Magnolia Invitational on Oct. 13-15. Iowa had a three-round score of 908 (+44).
- Freshman Jacquelyn Galloway was the leading scorer for the Hawkeyes. Galloway finished eighth overall and shot a total score of 217 (+1).
- Iowa competed in the East West Match Play Challenge on Sept. 22-24. The Hawkeyes finished sixth in stroke play and lost in match play to Indiana, 4-1.
- Freshman Lea Zeitler finished fifth in stroke play – best finish on the team – and won her match-up, 5-3.
- The Hawkeyes competed at the Branch Law Firm Invitational on Sept. 9-10, placing 13th with a score of 902 (+38).
- Lizarazu tied for 58th – best finish on the team – with a three-round score of 227 (+11).
- The Hawkeyes competed at the UNI Dual on Sept. 2 and won with a score of 6.5 – 1.5.
- Galloway (4-3),Lizarazu (2-1), Overton (6-5), Goldstein (3-2), Gentzkow (6-5) and Dannegger (5-4) won thier matches and Dana Lerner tied.
The Iowa women’s golf team kicks off the 2020 spring season at the All State Sugar Bowl in New Orleans, Louisiana, on Feb. 16-18.
- Feb. 16-18 — Allstate Sugar Bowl
- Feb. 23-24 — Westbrooke Spring Invite
- March 19-21 — Hawkeye El Tigre Invitationa
- Iowa will host the third-annual Hawkeye El-Tigre Invite in Puerto Vallarta.
- April 5-7 — Bryan National Invite
- April 18 — Minnesota Dual
- April 24-26 — Big Ten Championships
The Hawkeyes travel to Peoria, Arizona, to compete in the Westbrook Invitational Feb. 23-24.