HAWKEYES CONCLUDE SEASON
- The 2020 season for the Hawkeyes was cut short due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The No. 9 Hawkeyes finished their season with a victory over Minnesota and tied against Illinois.
- Senior Mitch Mandozzi competed in every meet this season. Mandozzi finished with career-bests on pommel horse (12.800), vault (14.600), parallel bars (13.750), and high bar (13.800). Mandozzi qualified for the U.S. Championships in 2019. Mandozzi’s 23rd-place finish (61.750) included a 10th place finish on parallel bars (13.500) and a pair of 12th-place finishes on floor (12.900) and vault (13.800).
- Senior Nick Merryman finishes with career-bests on floor (12.750), pommel horse 14.200), rings (13.700), vault (12.500), parallel bars (13.950), high bar (13.950), and all-around (77.300).
- Senior Brandon Wong finishes with career-bests on floor (13.750), rings (13.900) and vault (14.100).
- The Hawkeyes ended the season ranked 6th on floor, 9th on pommel horse, 10th on rings, 6th on vault, 7th on parallel bars, and 6th on high bar.
- The Hawkeyes finished the season ranked No. 6 in the Big Ten Conference.
HAWKEYES IN THE RANKINGS
- Junior Bennet Huang ended the season ranked fourth in the NCAA.
- Huang had a season-high all-around score of 81.300 and an average score of 80.121.
- Evan Davis ended the season ranked eighth in the NCAA. Davis had a season-high score of 81.950 and an average score of 79.950 in the all-around.
- The Hawkeyes fell to No. 4 Ohio State (407.650-402.800) and beat No. 22 NIU (325.850).
- Junior Kulani Taylor won on floor (14.200).
- Bennet Huang won the all-around with a season-best score of 81.200.
- The Hawkeyes tied No. 6 Illinois (403.050) in Carver-Hawkeye Arena on March 1.
- Bennet Huang won the all-around (81.300) and high bar (13.850) with career-best performances.
- Mitch Mandozzi won vault (14.400).
- The Hawkeyes won their home debut (400.000) against No. 10 Minnesota (397.600) and No. 19 UIC (355.600).
- Davis won the rings event (13.500) and tied his career-best score.
- Bennet Huang won the all-around with 81.050.
- The Hawkeyes traveled to Lincoln, Neb., on Jan. 26 to face the Huskers.
- Nebraska won the meet with a score of 409.850. Iowa garnered a final score of 406.950.
- Sophomore Evan Davis crushed four career-best scores on the floor (14.400), rings (13.500), parallel bars (13.650) and high bar (13.750).
- Senior Mitch Mandozzi won the vault event and also had a career-high score of 14.600.
- Senior Brandon Wong won on rings with a score of 13.800.
Fans can follow online through live streaming and live stats. A link to both will be available on the Iowa men’s gymnastics schedule page at hawkeyesports.com. Fans can also follow along on Instagram (@iowamgym) and with live updates on Twitter (@mensgymiowa) and Facebook (iowamensgymnastics).
- The Hawkeyes graduate three seniors — Mitch Mandozzi, Nick Merryman, and Brandon Wong.
- The Hawkeyes return 13 gymnasts for the 2021 season.