IOWA CITY, Iowa – The University of Iowa track and field team totaled 19 student-athletes who received U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) All-Academic honors, the association announced Wednesday.
11 women student-athletes and eight men student-athletes were named to the USTFCCCA All-Academic Team. In addition, the women’s team (3.52 GPA) earned All-Academic team recognition for the sixth-consecutive season.
To earn a spot on the USTFCCCA All-Academic Team, a student-athlete must accumulate a minimum grade point average of 3.25. Additionally, the student-athlete must have finished the season ranked in the top 96 in any championship individual event, or in the top 48 in any championship relay event for the most recent indoor season, or must have participated in any round of the NCAA Division I Outdoor Track and Field Championships.
A full list of Iowa’s student-athletes who received recognition can be seen below. A full list of honorees can be found at ustfccca.org.
Women’s student-athletes (11):
- Amber Aesoph (Health & Human Physiology)
- Nicole Berry (Art)
- Alli Bookin-Nosbisch (Sport & Recreation Management)
- Mariel Bruxvoort (Accounting)
- Erin Dowd (Finance)
- Mallory King (Biomedical Engineering)
- Jamie Kofron (Finance)
- Lia Love (Biology)
- Paige Magee (Sport & Recreation Management)
- Clare Pitcher (Sport & Recreation Management)
- Payton Wensel (Environmental Policy & Planning)
Men’s student-athletes (8):
- Armando Bryson (Political Science)
- Spencer Gudgel (Criminology, Law, & Justice)
- Peyton Haack (Management)
- Jordan Hawkins (Health & Human Physiology)
- Khullen Jefferson (Sport & Recreation Management)
- Max Murphy (Mechanical Engineering)
- Tyler Olson (Mechanical Engineering)
- Gratt Reed (Finance)