|Opponent||Southern (0-0, 0-0) at No. 4/6 Iowa (0-0, 0-0)|
|Date||Monday, Nov. 7|
|Tipoff||8:31 p.m. (CT)|
|Radio||Hawkeye Radio Network|
PROGRAM QUICK HITS
• Highest Preseason AP Ranking (No. 4) since 1994.
• Second highest ranking in program history.
• The Hawkeyes have been ranked in the AP Preseason Top 10 in consecutive seasons for the fifth time in school history and the first time during head coach Lisa Bluder’s tenure.
• Hawkeyes tabbed as Big Ten preseason favorites by coaches and media.
• The Hawkeyes return all five starters from year ago, that won a share of the Big Ten regular season, Big Ten Tournament, and earned a No. 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
• Caitlin Clark was tabbed the Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year. Her and Monika Czinano were both recognized unanimously by the coaches on the preseason all-conference team.
• Since 2008, Lisa Bluder’s teams own a 213-41 record inside of Carver-Hawkeye Arena. In that stretch, the Hawkeyes have posted three undefeated seasons at home. Over the last eight years, Iowa has dropped the second-fewest regular season home games in the Big Ten.
• Iowa welcomes four new players to the 2022-23 roster: Molly Davis, Jada Gyamfi, Taylor McCabe, and Hannah Stuelke. Gyamfi, McCabe, and Stuelke are all true freshmen, hailing from Johnston, Cedar Rapids and Fremont, Nebraska, respectively. Davis is a fourth-year transfer from Central Michigan.
• Clark’s preseason accolades: Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year, AP All-American (unanimous), Nancy Lieberman Preseason Watch List, The Athletic POY/All-American and All-Big Ten.
• Czinano preseason accolades: Preseason All-Big Ten by the coaches and media, Lisa Leslie Center of the Year Preseason Watch List.
• Iowa defeated 18 of its 31 opponents by double figures last season, including 12 20-plus point wins (six in Big Ten play).
• Clark was named a first team AP All-American and senior Monika Czinano was named an AP All-America honorable mention by the Associated Press last year.
• Bluder owns a 463-242 (.657) record and a 232-139 (.625) conference mark at Iowa. In her 38 seasons as a head coach, Bluder is 819-384 (.681).