|Opponent||No. 16/12 Iowa (11-4, 3-1) at No. 14/19 Michigan (13-2, 3-1)|
|Date||Saturday, Jan. 7|
|Location||Crisler Center // Ann Arbor, Mich.|
|Tipoff||3:30 p.m. (CT)|
|Radio||Hawkeye Radio Network // Sirius XM Channel 109 or 196|
No. 16/12 Iowa (11-4, 3-1) is set to travel to No. 14/19 Michigan (13-2, 3-1) on Saturday afternoon. Tipoff for this contest is set for 3:30 p.m. (CT) inside the Crisler Center.
Stream: The game will broadcast on FOX. Lisa Byington and Stephanie White will call the action.
The Series: This will be the 73rd meeting between the two programs. The Hawkeyes currently lead the all-time series, 52-20. Iowa has won two out of the last three contests.
• The Wolverines come into this game, 13-2 (3-1), after defeating Penn State, 82-72.
• UM is 6-1 at the Crisler Center in 2022-23.
• Michigan is 2-1 against AP Top 25 teams this year.
• The Wolverines prides itself on defense, only giving 58.8 points per game.
• UM has shot it well from the charity stripe, knocking down 77% this season.
• Michigan boasts three scorers averaging more than 15 points per contest.
• Emily Kiser leads UM in points and rebounds, she is averaging 17.3 ppg and 7.1 rpg.
• Laila Phelia is Michigan’s knock down 3-point shooter, she is hitting at 41.2% clip this season.
PROGRAM QUICK HITS
• Highest Preseason AP Ranking (No. 4) since 1994.
• The No.4 ranking was the second highest ranking in program history.
• The Hawkeyes have been ranked in the AP Preseason Top 10 in consecutive seasons for the fifth time in school history and the first time during head coach Lisa Bluder’s tenure.
• Hawkeyes tabbed as Big Ten preseason favorites by coaches and media.
• The Hawkeyes return all five starters from year ago, that won a share of the Big Ten regular season, Big Ten Tournament, and earned a No. 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
• Caitlin Clark was tabbed the Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year. Her and Monika Czinano were both recognized unanimously by the coaches on the preseason all-conference team.
• Since 2008, Lisa Bluder’s teams own a 221-42 record inside of Carver-Hawkeye Arena. In that stretch, the Hawkeyes have posted three undefeated seasons at home. Over the last eight years, Iowa has dropped the second-fewest regular season home games in the Big Ten.
• Iowa welcomes four new players to the 2022-23 roster: Molly Davis, Jada Gyamfi, Taylor McCabe, and Hannah Stuelke. Gyamfi, McCabe, and Stuelke are all true freshmen, hailing from Johnston, Cedar Rapids and Fremont, Nebraska, respectively. Davis is a fourth-year transfer from Central Michigan.
• Clark’s preseason accolades: Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year, AP All-American (unanimous), Nancy Lieberman Preseason Watch List, The Athletic POY/All-American, All-Big Ten, and Wooden Award Watch List.
• Czinano preseason accolades: Preseason All-Big Ten by the coaches and media, Lisa Leslie Center of the Year Preseason Watch List, and Wooden Award Watch List.
• Clark was named a first team AP All-American and senior Monika Czinano was named an AP All-America honorable mention by the Associated Press last year.
• Bluder owns a 474-246 (.658) record and a 235-140 (.627) conference mark at Iowa. In her 38 seasons as a head coach, Bluder is 830-388 (.681).