The 18th-ranked University of Iowa women’s gymnastics team travels to Minneapolis, Minnesota to compete against the No. 15 Golden Gophers on Monday, Jan. 22nd. The meet is set to start at 7:00 p.m. (CT) and will be at Maturi Pavilion.
• Fans can follow along via live results at hawkeyesports.com or via Twitter (@IowaGymnastics).
• The meet will be broadcast on B1G Network. Olivia Karas and Dean Linke will be on the call
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• The Hawkeyes enter the new week at No. 18, after defeating Washington in its season opener last Friday evening. Iowa is one of five Big Ten teams in the Top-20.
LAST TIME OUT
• Iowa scored 196.400 defeating Washington, which is the second-highest score in a season opener in program history.
• The GymHawks had an event sweep over the Huskies with senior Adeline Kenlin winning on beam, floor and the all-around. Kenlin finished in the top-two in every event in the meet.
• The Hawkeyes finished with a team score of 49.100 on bars, a program-best on bars in a season opener.
• Freshman Eva Volpe and Alyse Karenbauer made their collegiate debuts. Volpe competed in all four apparatuses for the GymHawks. Ilka Juk made her Iowa debut competing on bars and beam.
PREVIEWING THE MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS
• Head coach Jenny Hansen is in her tenth season leading the Golden Gophers.
• This will be the 18th meeting between Iowa and Minnesota under Coach Libby.
• Minnesota opened the season with a win at the Super 16 Meet, defeating Oregon State, Southern Utah, and BYU.
• The Golden Gophers won over Eastern Michigan in their home opener.
• Senior Mya Hooten was named Big Ten Event Specialist of the Week.