Parking Updates for Oct 29 vs Northwestern
- Parking lots open at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday. Friday night parking is limited to RVs only (Lots 40, 43N, 65S, and 75S) from 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Day of Game Public Parking Options:
- Finkbine Golf Course Lot: $30 auto, $100 RV (grass parking on driving range available for cars only; hard surface only in Finkbine Golf Course)
- Lower Finkbine Lot: $30 auto, $100 RV (grass parking available for both cars and RVs)
- Softball Lot: $30 auto, $100 RV
- Hancher, Hall of Fame & Hawkeye Commuter Lots: free for autos and RVs with Cambus shuttle service
- Newton Ramp & Lot 11: hourly rate for autos
Public lots sold out: Myrtle Lot, Lot 3, Lot 65 and Ramp 4 (non-ADA)
ADA Parking Options: Vehicles must display a state issued ADA placard or license plate.
- Ramp 4: $30 ADA auto (sold out to general public)
- Lot 43N: $30 ADA auto (limited space; must enter lot off of Hawkins Dr.)
- US-218 northbound to I-80 westbound loop will be closed for the 2022 football season. Drivers traveling west on I-80 post-game should be prepared for delays of 30 minutes or longer. The I-380 southbound exit to I-80 East is now open. Please note that the Iowa City exit is now BEFORE the Des Moines exit to I-80 West. View Street Closures for additional information.
RVs: Season-long parking passes must be purchased in advance through the UI Athletics Ticket Office at a cost of $500. Limited parking is available and spaces are chosen prior to the season based on priority points within membership level.
Lot Opening Times: UI Athletics-managed parking lots will open no more than six (6) hours prior to kickoff and no earlier than 6:00 a.m. on the day of each home football game. Parking on the night prior to home football games is limited to RVs only (Lots 40, 43N, 65S, and 75S) from 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Lot 65S RVs will only be able to enter Lot 65 off of Hawkins Dr. on the night prior to each home football game. All entrances will be available on game day.
|LOCATION||PREPAID||DAY OF GAME||PREPAID||DAY OF GAME|
|Finkbine Golf Course||$30||Season ($500)||$100|
|Hancher Auditorium Lot (55)||Free||Free|
|Hawkeye Commuter Lot (85)||Free||Free|
|Hall of Fame Lot (71)||Free||Free|
|Lot 3 (Library Lot)||Season (SOLD OUT), Single ($30)||$30*|
|Lot 11 (CRCW)||Hourly Rate|
|Lot 43N||$30^ ADA ONLY|
|Lot 65||Season (SOLD OUT), Single ($30)||$30*|
|Lower Finkbine Lot||$30*||Season ($500)||$100|
|Myrtle Lot||SOLD OUT||N/A|
|Newton Rd. Ramp||Hourly Rate|
|Ramp 3||Season (SOLD OUT)|
|Ramp 4||SOLD OUT||$30* ADA ONLY|
|Softball Lot||$30||Season ($500)||$100|
* Day of game availability will be dependent on the quantity of prepaid passes sold in lot or ramp for specific game. Follow @TheIowaHawkeyes on Twitter for game day updates, including parking lot closures. Prepaid passes for Ramp 4 and Myrtle Lot are sold out for the season, however, limited space will still be available for ADA vehicles (with state issued ADA placard or license plate) in Ramp 4 on day of game for $30.
^ Limited ADA parking in Lot 43N. Vehicles accessing ADA parking within Lot 43N must enter the lot from the north, off of Hawkins Drive.
Season-long and single game public parking passes may be purchased in advance prior to 12:00 p.m. (CT) the day before each game, subject to availability. To purchase a prepaid parking pass, contact the UI Athletics Ticket Office by either email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 1-800 IA-HAWKS.
Game tickets must be secured through the UI Athletics Ticket Office or authorized outlet in order to pre-purchase a parking pass (limit 1).
- Prepaid passes are still available passenger vehicles in Lot 3 (Library) and Lot 65 for a few remaining single games:
- Lot 3: limited passes available for purchase for 10/29 (NW), 11/12 (WI) and 11/25 (NE).
- Lot 65: limited passes available for purchase for 10/29 (NW) and 11/25 (NE).
- Prepaid passes for Ramp 4 and Myrtle Lot are sold out for the season, however, limited space will still be available for ADA vehicles (with state issued ADA placard or license plate) in Ramp 4 on day of game for $30.
- Season-long RV parking passes are available for the Finkbine Golf Course Lot (hard surface only), Lower Finkbine Lot and Softball Lot. A prepaid public RV parking pass (GP-RV) will be valid for any of these three lots. Prepaid RV parking is not available for single game purchases.
A parking space is guaranteed for all prepaid parking pass holders in the specific lot or ramp selected and identified on the pass.
DAY OF GAME
Day of game availability in Lot 3 (Library), Lot 65 and Myrtle Lot will be dependent on quantity of prepaid passes sold in lot or ramp for specific game. Follow @TheIowaHawkeyes on Twitter for game day updates, including parking lot closures.
- Accepted Payment: All parking locations will be operated as cashless. Credit cards will be the only accepted form of payment on game day.
- ADA Parking: Vehicles must display a state issued ADA placard or license plate.
BUSES / LIMOS
Parking is available on Hawkins Drive, along the northbound lanes. Prepaid passes are required for parking along Hawkins Drive. Space is limited to the first 15 passes sold.
To purchase a prepaid parking pass, email email@example.com prior to 12:00 p.m. (CT) on Wednesday of game week. Tailgating is not allowed near the bus and limo parking areas. Buses and limos may begin parking on Hawkins Drive starting six hours prior to kickoff, no earlier than 6:00 a.m. and are required to depart within 30 minutes after the conclusion of the game.
For the safety of our fans, the UI Department of Public Safety will be closing Hawkins Drive, directly east of Kinnick Stadium to vehicular traffic two and a half hours prior to kickoff until two hours post-game. Buses and limos are strongly encouraged to access Hawkins Drive from Melrose Avenue before the Hawkins Drive closure.
ADA GOLF CART SHUTTLE SERVICE
Complimentary ADA golf cart shuttles will begin two hours prior to kickoff and continue until one hour after the completion of the game. During pregame, ADA golf cart shuttles will pick-up at the locations listed below, denoted with blue ADA Shuttle flags. Due to heavy pedestrian traffic post-game, ADA golf cart shuttles will only be available outside Gates H, I, and M.
ADA golf cart drivers have been instructed to drop-off riders at designated pregame pick-up locations only. Requests for special pick-ups or drop-offs will NOT be honored.
CAMBUS SHUTTLE SERVICE
Complimentary Cambus shuttles run continuously before, during, and after the game. The pre-game shuttle service begins two (2) hours prior to kickoff at the four (4) locations listed below. Post-game shuttle service is provided for approximately one (1) hour post-game.
- Hancher Auditorium Parking Lot (Lot 55):Pick-up is located at the bus stop within the lot and drops off at the bus loop on Newton Road.
- Hawkeye Commuter Parking Lot (Lot 85): Pick-up is located at the bus stop within the lot and drops off at the bus stop east of Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Elliott Drive.
- Hall of Fame Parking Lot (Lot 71):Pick-up is located on Prairie Meadow Drive and drops off at the bus stop east of Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Elliott Drive.
- Downtown Iowa City: Pick-up is at the bus stop on Washington Street, outside of Schaefer Hall and drops off at the Veterans Affairs (VA) bus loop.
Street Closures / Traffic
Evashevski Drive will be closed to vehicular traffic between Lot 43N Drive and Hawkins Drive.
For the safety of our fans, the University of Iowa Department of Public Safety will be closing Hawkins Drive and For The Kids Way, directly east of Kinnick Stadium (from Evashevski Drive to Melrose Avenue) to non-emergency vehicular traffic two and a half hours prior to kickoff until two hours post-game.
Vehicles wanting access to University parking lots and ramps east of Hawkins Drive (14, 49, Ramp 4) and private residences on and south of Melrose Avenue must approach from Melrose Avenue (eastbound) or from Riverside Drive and up Grand Avenue (westbound). Bus and limo parking on Hawkins Drive and vehicles entering Ramp 3 must enter Hawkins Drive from the north after closure begins (two and a half hours prior to kickoff).
Melrose Avenue will be closed to non-emergency vehicular traffic (westbound) between Hawkins Drive and Evashevski Drive approximately one hour before game time. Post-game traffic on Melrose Avenue will be two lanes westbound, starting from Evashevski Drive and continuing to US-218 . All post-game traffic east of Evashevski Drive will be forced eastbound toward Riverside Drive.
I-80/I-380 SYSTEM INTERCHANGE CONSTRUCTION
The ongoing I-80/I-380 reconstruction project will replace all four loops of the interchange with directional ramps. US-218 northbound to I-80 westbound loop will be closed for the 2022 football season. For the most current construction information and notifications, visit 511ia.org.
Post-Game Alternate Routes: Drivers leaving Kinnick Stadium should be aware of the US-218 northbound to I-80 westbound ramp closure. To avoid impacts, you may consider extending your time in the Iowa City area to avoid the post-game rush. For those wanting to travel west on I-80 after the game, drivers should be prepared for delays of 30 minutes or longer. Drivers will be directed to the following alternate routes:
Emergency vehicles (both ambulances and individual vehicles) will be let through the security checkpoints to get to the hospital. Indicate to the security personnel that you are having an emergency or need to get to the hospital. For a full hospital map and to learn more about parking, visit Getting to the hospital on football game days.
- Main Entrance / Ramps 1 and 2 Access (best option): Most patients and all hospital visitors should follow Hawkins Drive from the north/Coralville to access the main entrance and parking Ramps 1 and 2.
- Emergency Patients: Follow Grand Avenue from the east and take a right at the roundabout.
- Labor and Delivery Patients: The best entry is the John Pappajohn Pavilion South Entrance. Follow Grand Avenue from the east and take a left at the roundabout, then an immediate right onto For The Kids Way. Labor and Delivery patients may be dropped off at this entrance. Security will communicate where the best parking is.
Hospital Parking: Non-emergency (patients and hospital visitors) traffic should park in Ramps 1 or 2.
Football parking is NOT available in Ramps 1 or 2.
Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., call:
Monday through Friday, after 5:00 p.m. and on weekends, call:
- UI Parking and Transportation: 319-335-8312
Policies / Tailgating
PARKING LOT OPEN TIMES
UI Athletics-managed parking lots open no more than six (6) hours prior to kickoff and no earlier than 6:00 a.m. on the day of each home football game. Queuing on the streets prior to parking lots opening is not be allowed. Parking the night prior to home football games is limited to RVs only (Lots 40, 43N, 65S and 75S) and from 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Lot 65S RVs will only be able to enter Lot 65 off of Hawkins Dr. on the night prior to each home football game. All entrances will be available on game day.
Following each home football game, RV owners will be allowed to spend the night in the parking lot but are asked to depart from the UI parking lots by 9:00 a.m. the day after the game. Activities in Carver-Hawkeye Arena may require an adjustment in the opening of some parking lots. Please check back here the Tuesday of each game week for any changes to the lot opening and/or departure times.
BANDS AND AMPLIFIED MUSIC
Live musical bands and other live performances are not allowed at tailgating sites or on campus without prior approval from Iowa Athletics. Amplified music must be confined to your tailgate area and speakers must be directed into your tailgate party. This policy is intended to protect the enjoyment of other fans. Musical tastes and tolerable noise levels vary greatly from tailgate party to tailgate party.
Only vehicles with a valid football parking pass are allowed in UI parking lots. Ridesharing services (Uber, Taxi, Lyft, etc.) vehicles without a valid football parking pass are not allowed inside UI parking lots on game days.
Saving parking spaces for other motorists is not permitted in any lot. Parking on the UI campus is on a first come, first served basis except in lots with reserved spaces.
Iowa Athletics requires patrons to follow manufacturer recommendations on set-up, tear down, and securing of any tents or canopies, including recommendations regarding the wind speed rating. Depending upon weather conditions, Iowa Athletics may restrict the use of some or all tents, canopies, or other tailgating items or structures. Owners are ultimately responsible for any damage caused by their tailgating activities and equipment including wind-blown structures.
USE OF SPACES | TRAVEL LANES
Automobiles and RVs may park only in designated areas. In order to efficiently use every parking lot, specific locations are assigned for automobiles and RVs. The use of a parking space for other reasons, such as portable grills, games tents, chairs, etc. is not permitted in non-reserved areas. For reserved parking lots, a parking space used for other reasons is only permitted if a parking pass is presented for specific space not used for vehicle.
Tailgating is not permitted in travel lanes on roads or parking lots. No tents, chairs, or other items may be placed or extend into travel lanes. Any non-adherence to this policy may result in UI Police officers requiring the tent, tarp or canopy be removed. There are a limited number of parking spaces on the University of Iowa campus. It is important to make every space available to use for parking. They can also cause tailgate parties to overflow into travel lanes causing a hazard for other vehicles and the passage of emergency vehicles.
Sidewalks on campus are reserved for pedestrian use. No setting up tents, tables, or chairs on sidewalks.
TAILGATING ALCOHOL POLICY
On Hawkeye football game days only, beer and wine are allowed in UI parking areas. State law prohibits hard liquor consumption or possession of an open bottle of liquor in UI parking lots and ramps.
Possession of an open container (including beer, wine, and hard liquor) while walking/driving to University property on the public sidewalks and roads are subject to citation, and the beverage will be confiscated.
Balloons, blimps, and other inflatables are prohibited from being flown/tethered from vehicles in UI parking lots. Drones are not allowed without prior permission from the UI Drone Committee.
BBQ GRILLS | WOOD FIRES
Liquid Propane (LP) and charcoal grills and LP heaters are permitted in parking lots when temperature warrants, but are prohibited in parking ramps. Please do not place used charcoal, embers, or ash in trash cans, under trees, or leave it in the parking areas. LP grills or heaters are limited to one 20# LP cylinder per device; no spare or additional cylinders will be allowed.
Open wood fires or wood fires enclosed in a portable fire pit are not permitted.
The UI uses the following definitions for vehicles: a car is any car, pick-up truck or SUV. A recreational vehicle (RV) is any vehicle that includes a restroom. Travel trailers, 5th wheels, or pull-behind trailers are not allowed in any UI parking except the Hawkeye Commuter Lot (Lot 85).