As part of the University of Iowa’s 10-year facilities master plan, construction is scheduled to begin this spring on a new Hawkeye Ramp in Lot 43N and a health sciences academic building in Lot 14. Due to these projects, and approximate loss of 825 parking stalls, the Athletics Department has made the following changes in parking starting in the 2023 football season:
- Contributors who received a car parking passes for Lot 43N will be relocated to Lot 40, which is just north across Hawkins Drive.
- During construction, a limited number of RV spaces and ADA spaces will remain in Lot 43N. Contributors who previously held RV parking passes for Lot 43N will have the opportunity to request an RV pass during their season ticket renewal process. Availability will be based on I-Club membership level and priority points. Additional information will be communicated directly to previous RV parking pass holders in this lot.
- Contributors who received a RV parking passes for Lot 40 will have the opportunity to request an RV pass during their season ticket renewal process. Donor RV parking will be available in Lot 75S and Lot 73. Availability will be based on I-Club membership level and priority points. Additional information will be communicated directly to previous RV parking pass holders in this lot.
- Contributors who received a car parking passes for Lot 14 will be relocated to the Myrtle Lot.
- Contributors who received a RV parking pass in Lot 65 will have the opportunity to purchase a season-long pass at the Softball, Lower Finkbine or Finkbine Golf Course Lots. Additionally, they can utilize the free gameday RV parking locations – Hawkeye Commuter, Hall of Fame, and Hancher Lots.
- New Contributor RV lot for 2023.
- Myrtle Lot is no longer publicly available.
- Contributors at the Silver Hawk and above levels, who received a car parking pass for the Myrtle Lot, will have the opportunity to renew this pass during their season ticket renewal process.
- Individuals who previously received a season long Myrtle Lot parking pass and contribute below the Silver Hawk membership level or aren’t an I-Club contributor, will be able to request a general public parking pass during the renewal process.
Parking Changes FAQ
The University of Iowa recently announced a 10-year facilities master plan that includes construction of a new parking ramp in Lot43N and a health sciences academic building in the current location of Lot 14.
The Athletics Department will continue to review options with the goal of maximizing vehicle parking in addition to providing a premiere tailgating experience. At this time, it has not been determined if RV parking will return to Lot 40.
No, the current construction schedule for the Hawkeye Ramp in Lot43N indicates completion during the winter of 2024.
General public parking is available at the Finkbine Golf Course, Lot 65, Library Lot 3, Lower Finkbine Lot and Softball Lot. Free gameday parking is available at the Hancher Auditorium Lot 55, Hawkeye Commuter Lot 85, and Hall of Fame Lot 71. UI Athletics continues to explore alternatives that enhance our gameday parking opportunities.
The selection process will be based on 2022 I-Club Membership levels and then by priority points within each level, beginning with Kinnick Society Gold and ending with Golden Hawks. This process will occur in April.
The donor RV parking selections will occur in April. The selections will be based on 2022 I-Club Membership and then by priority points.
Each year, the athletic department provides an opportunity for donors to upgrade or move parking based on availability. This process typically begins in April and is communicated through email.
All prices remain the same from last year, except for donor RV parking. RV Parking Lots 43N and 75S will increase from $500 to $1000 per season and RV parking in Lot 65 will remain at $500 per season.
Similar to previous years, a limited number of ADA spaces will be available on gameday in Lot43N with the majority of ADA parking available in Ramp 4.