- The north, south, east and west entrances will open 90 minutes prior to tipoff.
- Mobile tickets will be scanned on fans’ smartphones to gain entry into Carver-Hawkeye Arena for the game. Download the Hawkeye Sports App for the simplest way to order and access tickets.
- Clear bag policy (see Allowed Items in Arena Information below )
- Alcohol sales at all games
UI students can now purchase $5 single-game tickets for the 2023-24 season. UI students must currently be enrolled to purchase tickets and will be limited to one ticket per game. UI students can purchase tickets through their student ticketing account at HawkeyeSports.com/StudentTickets.
General Will Call ticket window and Team Pass Gates are located at the Athletics Ticket Office inside the north entrance.
*Please park in designated parking stalls for all events, not including drive lanes, bus shelters and grass/snowbanks.
Contributor parking passes are identified as zones and required for entry to lots identified below:
- Zone A: Park in Lot 46 or Lot 75 (east section)
- Zone B: Park in Lot 33 or Lot 75
- Zone C: Park in Lot 40 (east section)
Public parking will be free of charge in Lots 43 and 65. Public parking is also available at the applicable hourly rate in Ramp 3 and Newton Ramp. Free parking is available in the Hancher Lot on dates where no performances are scheduled. When the Hancher Lot is available, complementary CAMBUS shuttles to Carver-Hawkeye Arena will begin 90 minutes pregame and run until one (1) hour postgame. CAMBUS shuttles will drop-off and pick-up outside Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Elliot Dr. There will be no complimentary shuttle for the exhibition games.
Free of charge in Lot 40 (west half). A state-issued ADA parking placard or license plate is required. Access Lot 40 from Elliott Dr.
Carver-Hawkeye Arena Information
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all UI sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact the Athletic Ticket Office.
Beer, wine, and hard seltzers are sold inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Outside alcohol of any kind is not permitted inside the arena.
- You must be 21 to purchase alcohol. No exceptions.
- A valid ID is required for every sale.
- Limit two (2) drinks per transaction.
- No sales or service to anyone believed to be or who is visibly intoxicated.
- Underage drinking is illegal. Purchasing or providing alcohol to minors is illegal.
- Guests who violate this policy may be ejected and risk arrest and loss of ticket privileges.
- Sales will start when the doors open; 90 minutes prior to tip-off.
- Sales will end at the beginning of the 12-minute TV timeout of the second half.
The following items are allowed inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena. All permitted items and patrons are subject to search and will be tagged at entrance.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC that do not exceed 12″x6″x12″
- Clutch bags that do not exceed 4.5″x6.5″
- Factory-sealed water bottles or empty, refillable bottles [Limit one (1), under one (1) gallon]
- Medically necessary items (includes equipment for nursing mothers and diaper bags)
Devices are available at no charge inside the UI Police headquarters on the concourse, near section EE. A driver’s license, credit card, or some other acceptable form of picture identification is required as a deposit.
Closed captioning will be displayed on the center-hung video board of Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
All concession stands are cashless. Only credit or debit cards will be accepted.
The stands open 90 minutes prior to the start of competition.
To access the accessible floor seats on the northeast side of Carver-Hawkeye Arena, please utilize the elevator in the north lobby.
First Aid is available on the concourse, near section EE. If medical assistance is needed, notify the nearest Police officer or security personnel.
If you have health problems or anticipate any special needs, please contact the UI Athletics Department at
319-335-9247 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
During home games inside the Arena, fans can report issues with their neighbors in Carver-Hawkeye Arena by sending a text message to UI staff requesting their need for assistance. The text should be sent to 69050, then type the word Iowa followed by the issue and the location. The text message is received by UI staff, who will dispatch the appropriate response. Inappropriate or prank texts will be reported to the proper authorities.
To ensure that all patrons have a pleasant game day experience, each patron should act responsibly and be considerate of others. Ticket holders should also be sensitive to the behavior of their guests. The following acts or types of behavior by any arena visitor, employee or ticketed patron will not be tolerated:
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature.
- Possessing and/or concealing a firearm, explosives or other weapons (weapons carried with permits are also prohibited).
- Possessing or using illegal drugs.
- Attempting to sit in a location other than the guest’s ticketed seat.
- Unreasonably obstructing the view of other patrons.
- Fighting, taunting, or any action that may harm or endanger others.
- Harassing or threatening other patrons, arena staff, players or game officials.
- Projecting images onto players, coaches, officials, broadcast or network employees or other sideline personnel by aiming a laser pointer, spotlight or other such device at them.
- Intoxication or other signs of alcohol and drug impairment that result in irresponsible behavior (intoxicated patrons will not be admitted to the arena).
- Offensive language or obscene gestures, to include the use of such language or gestures concerning a person’s race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, creed, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or national origin; or to instigate, incite or encourage a confrontation or physical assault.
- Nudity; to include the removal of shirts and other items of apparel that may offend others.
- Committing sexual acts or exhibiting lewd behavior.
- Smoking or use of any kind of tobacco.
- Liquor violations.
- Underage consumption of alcohol.
- Throwing objects.
- Entering the courtside area or playing court (trespassing).
- Failing to follow the instructions of arena personnel.
- Any other acts or behavior that, in the judgement of Athletics Event Management, poses a threat to other patrons or diminishes their enjoyment of the game.
Whether or not certain types of behavior and/or acts are inappropriate or offensive to others may depend on one’s perspective and values. Athletics Event Management reserves the right to deem an act or exhibited behavior to be inappropriate and to act accordingly. Fans who fail to comply with arena policies are subject to a warning, ejection or arrest. Acts such as fighting, being abusive to others, being intoxicated, throwing objects or committing other acts that may injure other patrons or disrupt the progress of the game may result in ejection and/or arrest without prior warning. Violations by ticket holders may result in the revocation of ticket privileges.
Left items may be claimed at the UI Police headquarters, near section EE. Address later inquiries to Athletic Facilities Office, 120 Carver-Hawkeye Arena, phone 319-335-9410.
The following items are NOT allowed inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Admission will be denied to anyone carrying the following items.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Backpacks, purses, handbags and/or cinch bags
- Banners and signs
- Coolers, glass containers, backpack hydration systems, or refillable water bottles over one (1) gallon
- Large lens cameras (6″ or more), video cameras or tripods
- Noisemakers, strobe lights or any other disruptive devices
- Outside food (unless medically indicated)
- Non-service animals
- Strollers and car seats
- Tobacco of any kind (including e-cigarettes)
- Weapons of any kind
Request a Scoreboard Message for Men’s Basketball
Each message request is $75.
Signs must be event-related, handheld and no larger than 18×24. Signs or banners may not be hung or fastened anywhere in the arena. Signs or flags on sticks or poles are not permitted. They should not include logos or be commercial, obscene or vulgar in nature or cause any disturbance with other fans.
|vs. North Dakota
|vs. Alabama State
|vs. Arkansas State
|vs. North Florida
|B1G Home Opener
|vs. Northern Illinois
|Black & Gold Stripe Game
|Suits & Sneakers
|vs. Ohio State
|Spirit Squad Day
|vs. Penn State
|Senior Day & Gold Out
Follow Iowa Men’s Basketball
View this profile on Instagram