April 23, 2005
- 2005 National I-Club Spring Banquet Tour
- Follow the Renovation of Kinnick!
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: The Game Story
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Photos from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Notes from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Statistics from the game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Video Highlights from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Listen to the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Watch Mediacom’s Pre-Game Special
- The Schedule: 2005 and Beyond
- Order your 2004 Iowa Football Instant Replay DVD
- 2005 FanFest: Photo Gallery
Two members of the 2004 Big Ten Conference and 2005 Capital One Bowl champion Iowa Hawkeyes were selected in the second round of the annual National Football League draft.
All-Big Ten defensive end Matt Roth was selected by the Miami Dolphins in the second round. He was the 46th overall selection and the 14th player selected in the second round.
Roth’s defensive running mate, all-Big Ten defensive lineman Jonathan Babineaux was selected by the Atlanta Falcons as the 27th selection in the second round. Babineaux was the 59th overall pick.
Roth and Babineaux following in the footsteps of Ladell Betts (2002, Washington), Eric Steinbach (2003, Cincinnati), Bruce Nelson (2003, Carolina) and Bob Sanders (2004, Indianapolis) as Hawkeyes who played for Coach Kirk Ferentz taken in the second round.
Iowa had entered this year’s NFL Draft having had a first round selection in each of the last two drafts – Dallas Clark was the 24th player selected Indianapolis in 2003 and Robert Gallery was the second overall pick by Oakland last year.
For more NFL Draft coverage including analysis of all the selections including Iowa’s first two entries, click HERE. For a look at the list of Hawkeyes who were selected in previous NFL Drafts, click HERE.