May 16, 2005
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL – University of Iowa senior Nancilea Underwood earned a bronze medal at the Speedo/FINA Diving Grand Prix in Fort Lauderdale, FL, last weekend. Underwood and teammate Cassidy Krug, who dives at Stanford University, placed third in the three-meter synchro event, earning the United States’ only medal of the international competition. It is Underwood’s second Grand Prix medal.
Underwood, a native of Spring, TX, also finished sixth in the three-meter individual semifinals with a score of 270.45, but did not advance to the finals.
SPEEDO/FINAL DIVING GRAND PRIX RESULTS (Top Five Placers)
1. Guo Jinjing/Li Ting (China) — 317.10
2. Heike Fischer/Ditte Kotzain (Germany) — 292.92
3. Nancilea Underwood/Cassidy Krug (United States) — 279.12
4. Chelsea Davis/Laura Wilkinson (United States) — 277.77
5. Martha Dale/Mandy Moran (Canada) — 274.65