July 7, 2005
- 2005 National I-Club Spring Banquet Tour
- Follow the Renovation of Kinnick!
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: The Game Story
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Photos from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Notes from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Statistics from the game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Video Highlights from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Listen to the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Watch Mediacom’s Pre-Game Special
- The Schedule: 2005 and Beyond
- Order your 2004 Iowa Football Instant Replay DVD
- 2005 FanFest: Photo Gallery
The University’s of Iowa and Pittsburgh football teams have signed a contract to play each other four times in the coming years. Hawkeye Athletic Director Bob Bowlsby and Panther AD Jeffrey Long today made the announcement jointly.
The first game is scheduled for Sept. 20, 2008 at Pittsburgh. The second and third meetings will take place in Iowa City on Sept. 3, 2011 and Sept. 19, 2015. The final game on the contract will be at Pittsburgh on Sept. 17, 2016.
The schools have met three times previously in football with Pitt holding a 2-1 series edge. Pittsburgh won 20-0 in Iowa City in 1931 and on their home field, 26-14 in 1952. Iowa won 34-17 in 1951 in Kinnick Stadium. The 1952 game was the first for Hall of Fame Coach Forest Evashevski at the University of Iowa.
“We’re extremely pleased to announce this series with Pittsburgh, a respected University with a strong and rich collegiate football history,” said Bowlsby. “There’s no question this is a series that will excite fans from both schools.”
Iowa’s Head Football Coach Kirk Ferentz was also pleased with the four-game series.
“I spent a great deal of my early years in Pittsburgh and still have many family members in the area,” said Ferentz. “I look forward to playing Pittsburgh and the challenge they’ll present.”