Aug. 9, 2005
- Hawkeye All-Access: Watch Kirk’s visit with the media
- Media Day Photo Gallery
- Purchase your 2005 Iowa football tickets online
- 2005 National I-Club Spring Banquet Tour
- Follow the Renovation of Kinnick!
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: The Game Story
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Photos from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Notes from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Statistics from the game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Video Highlights from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Listen to the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Watch Mediacom’s Pre-Game Special
- The Schedule: 2005 and Beyond
- Order your 2004 Iowa Football Instant Replay DVD
- 2005 FanFest: Photo Gallery
Ahh, media day. It’s the official start of a new season with new faces, new game plans and new challenges.
And, of course, for the 2005 Iowa Hawkeyes, it was another hot day under the hot glare of local, regional and national media curious about everything from the defensive line and the punter position to the shade of pink being applied to the walls inside the new visiting team lockerrom.
Here’s a sampling of what’s been written after yesterday’s get-together in Iowa City…
The Des Moines Register took the opportunity to visit with UI Offensive Coordinator Ken O’Keefe and a run at the hype surrounding this year’s squad.
The Cedar Rapids Gazette hopped on the hype machine, visited with O’Keefe and all-Big Ten quarterback Drew Tate.
The Quad City Times on the one hand, considers Iowa to “locked and loaded” and ready for a big year, and, on the other, points to some hurdles the Hawkeyes need to clear.
Of course, there’s more out there for fans of the Hawkeyes to digest. And, yes, digest they will between now and Aug. 20 when the gates to Kinnick Stadium open for a sneak peek of the defending Big Ten and Capital One Bowl champions. Fans can expect more details about that special event to be announced officially next week.