Oct. 21, 2005
- Watch the Winning Drive, Iowa vs. Michigan, 1985
- Black Out Saturday
- Watch the “Black Out” Television Commercial
- Game-Day Parking and Road Construction Information
- 2005 Hawkeye Huddles
- Follow the Renovation of Kinnick!
- The Schedule: 2005 and Beyond
- Listen to the Hawkeyes on XM Radio
- Watch and Listen to Kirk, the Hawkeyes
Early next week the University of Iowa Department of Intercollegiate Athletics will mail to you and all 2005 Iowa Football General Public and UI Faculty and Staff season ticket customers a “Priority Point Statement.”
This statement will provide fans of the Coach Kirk Ferentz’s squad who purchase season tickets the total number of Priority Points your account has on record with the UI Athletic Ticket Office. Points are accumulated in the following categories:
– Years of season ticket purchases
– Whether a season ticket customer is a graduate of the University of Iowa
– Whether a season ticket customer is a letterwinner of the University of Iowa
– A season ticket customer’s cumulative total of philanthropic gifts to the intercollegiate athletics program at the University of Iowa
A season ticket customer’s Priority Point Total will determine when he or she will have the opportunity to select your seat locations inside historic Kinnick Stadium. The larger the number of points a season ticket customers has, the earlier in the process they will select your seats.
Simply put, the new process allows each season ticket customer – not the UI Athletic Ticket Office – to select their seats inside Kinnick Stadium based on (a) their preferences, e.g. what section, how high, how low, etc., and (b) when they will make their selection.
The re-seating process is a direct result of the renovation of Kinnick Stadium and the UI’s decision to act on the request of many season ticket holders to increase the width of the seats in the east and west grandstands.
Simply put, the new process allows each season ticket customer – not the UI Athletic Ticket Office – to select their seats inside Kinnick Stadium based on (a) their preferences, e.g. what section, how high, how low, etc., and (b) when they will make their selection. As noted above, the “when” is determined by a season ticket customer’s Priority Point Total.
The next step in the re-seating process will occur in late November. At that time season ticket customers will receive from the UI Athletic Ticket Office final instructions and the date early next year on which each season ticket customer will make their seat selections.
“We know this is both an exciting and an anxious process,” said Mark Jennings, associate athletics director for patron services at the UI.
“This is another step in a process that ultimately results in everyone in the stadium sitting in seats that they’ve selected based on a their support of the football program at the University of Iowa,” Jennings added.
Click HERE for more information about the UI’s Priority Points System for season tickets to University of Iowa football home games.