Oct. 7, 2007
IOWA CITY, IA – – The Iowa Hawkeyes women’s golf team finished in fourth place on Sunday at the Hawkeye Invitational, snapping a three year streak in which the Hawkeyes took first place from 2004-2006. Junior Tyrette Metzendorf had another strong showing, finishing tied for fourth place with a 227 (+11).
UT-Chattanooga took the crown after the Mocs built a comfortable 13-stroke lead going into play Sunday. Wisconsin’s Katie Elliott was the best individual performer, finishing with 127 (+1).
Head Coach Kelly Crawford got a good look at her squad in action this weekend, as every Hawkeye performed. Freshman Brianna Coopman, playing as an individual, finished with a 236 (+20) and a tie for 18th place. Senior Jill Marcum finished tied for sixth place with a 228 (+12).
The Hawkeyes were only one stroke behind third place Cincinnati, but finished 28 strokes behind UT-Chattanooga. Iowa will be in action next on October 29-31 as they travel to Honolulu, HI to participate in the Rainbow Invitational.
1. UT-Chattanooga 300-298-311=909
2. Wisconsin 307-304-304=928
3. Cincinnati 315-309-312=936
4. Iowa 307-313-317=937
5. Jacksonville State 313-318-309=940
6. Longwood Univ. 308-314-319=941
7. UT-San Antonio 316-321-319=956
8. Northern Iowa 319-316-332=967
9. Minnesota 322-329-328=979
10. South Dakota State 322-331-330=983
T11. Creighton 336-334-331=1001
T11. North Dakota State 334-342-325=1001
13. Western Illinois 341-330-355=1026
1. Katie Elliott (Wisconsin) 72-73-72=217
2. Emme deGroot (UT-Chat) 72-75-76=223
3. Kameron Carter (Longwood) 73-75-78=226
T4. Tyrette Metzendorf 74-77-76=227
T6. Jill Marcum 74-77-77=228
T18. Brianna Coopman* 83-76-77=236
25. Melanie Boyles 78-79-82=239
T32. Lauren Forbes* 81-83-81=245
T35. Alison Cavanaugh* 78-81-87=246
T42. Amanda Stahl 83-80-86=249
T50. Laura Cilek* 83-84-84=251
T50. Becky Quinby 81-88-82=251
* = Competed as an individual
Click HERE for the Big Ten Network home page.