March 7, 2010
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Iowa and the Big Ten Network
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch (2009-10 season)
DENVER, CO – – The University of Iowa men’s tennis team lost at No. 32 Denver Sunday, 6-1. The 49th-ranked Hawkeyes fall to 6-3 on the season with the loss at the Stapleton Tennis Pavilion.
The Hawkeyes, 3-3 away from Iowa City, won two of three doubles matches to claim the point. Tommy McGeorge and Will Vasos won at the No. 1 position, 8-5. The duo defeated Yannick Weihs and Jens Vorkefeld to win their seventh straight match. Marc Bruche and Tom Mroziewicz paired up for the first time this season. The duo won at the No. 2 spot, defeating Andrew Landwerlen and Fabio Biasion, 8-6.
The Hawkeyes were unable to come away with any singles victories and lost 6-1.
“We lost to a very tough team,” said Head Coach Steve Houghton. “We need to learn from this and move forward.”
The Black and Gold return to action March 17 at UNLV. The match is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. (CT).
#49 Iowa – 1
#32 Denver – 6
1. Will Vasos/Tommy McGeorge (IOWA) def. Yannick Weihs/Jens Vorkefeld (DEN) 8-5
2. Marc Bruche/Tom Mroziewicz (IOWA) def. Andrew Landwerlen/Fabio Biasion (DEN) 8-6
3. David Simson/Enej Bonin (DEN) def. Reinoud Haal/Austen Kauss (IOWA) 8-4
3. Enej Bonin (DEN) def. Reinoud Haal (IOWA) 6-3, 6-4
4. Fabio Biasion (DEN) def. Will Vasos (IOWA) 6-4, 6-3