March 17, 2010
- Iowa and the Big Ten Network
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch (2009-10 season)
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
LAS VEGAS, NV – – The University of Iowa men’s tennis team lost at No. 52 UNLV Wednesday, 5-2. The 53rd-ranked Hawkeyes fall to 6-4 on the season with the loss at the Fertitta Tennis Complex.
The Hawkeyes, 3-4 away from Iowa City, were unable to claim the doubles point. Reinoud Haal and Garret Dunn were victorious at the No. 3 position. The duo defeated Attila Toth and Kasper Konyves, 9-7.
In singles play, Marc Bruche defeated No. 112 Mehdi Bouras. The sophomore won 5-7, 6-3, 6-1, at the No. 1 spot. Sophomore Tom Mroziewicz won at the No. 6 position. He defeated Bernard Schoeman 7-6, 3-6, 6-3. Despite close matches, Iowa was unable to come away with any other victories and fell to the Rebels, 5-2.
The Black and Gold return to action Friday in Palm Springs, CA. Iowa will face Wichita State at 3 p.m. (CT). The Hawkeyes will then conclude their annual spring trip Saturday in Palm Springs, CA, when they face Pacific at 3 p.m. (CT).
#53 Iowa – 2
#52 UNLV – 5
1. Marc Bruche (IOWA) def. #112 Mehdi Bouras (UNLV) 5-7, 6-3, 6-1
2. Luca Barlocchi (UNLV) def. Nikita Zotov (IOWA) 6-2, 6-7, 1-0 (13-11)
3. Johannes Markel (UNLV) def. Reinoud Haal (IOWA) 6-3, 6-3
4. Attila Toth (UNLV) def. Will Vasos (IOWA) 6-3, 6-4
5. Kasper Konyves (UNLV) def. Tommy McGeorge (IOWA) 7-5, 0-6, 6-4
6. Tom Mroziewicz (IOWA) def. Bernard Schoeman (UNLV) 7-6, 3-6, 6-3
1. Mehdi Bouras/Luca Barlocchi (UNLV) def. Will Vasos/Tommy McGeorge (IOWA) 9-7
2. Johannes Markel/Bernard Schoeman (UNLV) def. Marc Bruche/Tom Mroziewicz (IOWA) 8-5
3. Reinoud Haal/Garret Dunn (IOWA) def. Attila Toth/Kasper Konyves (UNLV) 9-7