Nov. 12, 2010
- The No. 22/25 Iowa women’s basketball team defeated Southern, 76-52, Friday in its season opener at the Islander Tip-Off tournament, hosted by Texas A&M Corpus Christi. The Hawkeyes will play in the championship game tomorrow. If Texas A&M Corpus Christi defeats Arkansas State in Game 2 tonight, Iowa will play at 7:30 p.m. If Arkansas State wins, the championship will be at 5 p.m.
- Junior Kelly Krei tied a career-high with 20 points to go along with 10 rebounds to lead Iowa. Senior Kachine Alexander was one rebound shy of a double-double, scoring 18 points and grabbing nine rebounds. Sophomore Jaime Printy added 16 points.
- Junior Megan Considine notched career-highs in minutes played (13), points (3) and rebounds (4).
- Iowa is now a perfect 11-0 in season openers under Head Coach Lisa Bluder.
- Iowa Head Coach Lisa Bluder is now just 10 wins away from recording win No. 200 at Iowa. She has 546 career wins.