Nov. 5, 2012
- PURCHASE 2012-13 SEASON TICKETS
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPad/iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa — The UI Athletics Department has released the plan for parking Friday when the UI’s men’s and women’s basketball teams play a doubleheader on Mediacom Court at Carver-Hawkeye Arena while fans of the UI football team begin to arrive for Saturday’s Blackout 2012 game against Purdue.
The first game of the doubleheader will begin at 5:30 p.m. and will feature Lisa Bluder’s Hawkeyes entertaining Northern Illinois. The Iowa men’s basketball team will square off against Texas-Pan American in the nightcap. That game will begin at 8 p.m. or 30 minutes after the conclusion of the women’s game. Doors will open at 4 p.m.
Women’s and men’s basketball fans will have access to the following parking lots:
- Lot 33 located east of Carver-Hawkeye Arena
- Lot 75 located south of Carver-Hawkeye Arena (the south end of lot 75 will be held for use by fans of the Iowa football team who have the appropriate pass to park recreational vehicles)
- Lot 43 North located west of the UI Recreation Building (the north end of Lot 43 North will be held for use by fans of the Iowa football team who have the appropriate pass to park recreation vehicles)
- Lot 43 located west of Kinnick Stadium (the east end of Lot 43 will be held for use by fans of the Iowa football team who have assigned parking spaces for football games as a result of their lease of a private viewing space in the Kinnick press box)
- Lot 65
- UI Parking ramps 3 and 4
The UI will begin charging a $5 parking fee at all of the aforementioned parking lots at 6:30 p.m. Fans of the Iowa football team will have access to their assigned parking lot beginning at 7:30 p.m.
Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets to the basketball games on Friday in advance. Tickets to the women’s game cost $10 for adults. Boys and girls high school aged and younger, and UI students are admitted free. Tickets to the men’s game cost $14 for adults and $5 for boys and girls high school aged and younger, and UI students. Tickets can be purchased online at hawkeyesports.com, over the phone at 1-800 IA-HAWKS, and over the counter at the UI Athletics Ticket Office in Carver-Hawkeye Arena.