Nov. 8, 2013
- 2013 Game Day Central
- Read the November issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- 2013 Signing Day Central
- Hawkeyes in the NFL
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone/iPad app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — The UI football program will pay respect to the upcoming Veterans Day holiday by taking the field tomorrow at Purdue with helmet modifications.
The right side of the Iowa helmet will feature a red, white and blue tigerhawk, honoring all United States veterans and those currently serving in each branch of the U.S. Armed Forces.
The left side of the Iowa helmet will be without a tigerhawk, honoring the service men and women who gave their lives while defending their country in the line of duty.
Tomorrow marks the second time in three seasons Iowa has paid respect to Veterans Day with a helmet modification. The Hawkeye helmet featured a similar look on Nov. 5, 2011 when Iowa defeated No. 13 Michigan, 24-16.
Iowa and Purdue kickoff at 11:01 a.m. (CT) inside Ross-Ade Stadium. The game will be televised live on BTN.